Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:01 PM
Hi...we just got back from the wedding and are headed out in a few days for our honeymoon. Wanted to drop a quick line to share some details, etc. I will write a longer reviewer when we return.
1. Sandra was AWESOME!!! She went ABOVE and beyond! She stayed until midnight the night of the reception....I can't say enough great things about her. I agree, disorganized via emails, etc...but VERY ORGANIZED when we got there.
2. Hair and makeup....and spa in general, great! I did a trial on the day before so I would be less antsy that day. The other girl was also very good who did my Mom, mother in law and cousin.
3. Flowers turned out exactly what I wanted....green hydrangea, pink gerbera daisies, and roses.....I had 6 centerpieces, gazebo decor, bouqets and boutineers for about another $700
4. DJ was good....we had fun dancing....were also quite drunk by then :0
5. It was HOT and HUMID....we had reception indoors and were very pleased with the room...food was incredible at the reception...awesome presention and taste....service was good....
6. The resort was great....rooms were nice, food was great, and all our guests had a BLAST! We had 45 people....a great amount to not every get bored at the hotel and we are very tired!! But had a blast!!!
7. I did order outside cakes (Turtle bay cafe in akumal), and brought my photographer from RI (DB Photography RI).
8. Welcome bags...sandra delivered for us...no charge
9. We tipped everyone (waiters, service staff, sandra) well all week and got great service at the restaurants all week...we continued to eat in groups of 20-30 every night and the restaurants accomodate us.
10. We booked a catamaran as a thank you for the guests the day after the wedding...paradise catamarans? (paso doble)....it was about $1000 with opne bar and it as so much fun!
Will write more later! We are off and return 7/17....we are still in process of moving, and I will get pics to everyone soon! (end july- aug, since we won't have stuff in our new house for a bit)....rest assured it was a BLAST!