Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
Just so you don't feel so frustrated, most of your decisions can be made or changed once you get to mexico. You will sit down and meet with the WC and she'll go through everything. Believe me, I know it can be SO frustrating, I was in your shoes not that long ago! But they really do know what they're doing and your wedding will turn out beautifully.

One suggestion I would make for all of you, as I do with my brides, put together a bulleted list of everything concerning your wedding day. Times, flowers, locations, food, decorations, etc.... everything you can think of and email the finalized list to either the wedding coordinator, or your travel agent if they are helping you with your wedding. I wouldn't send the list until you are close to positive on all of your decisions.

And then either the WC can get back to you with questions, or get back in touch with your travel agent.

I think this usually works best because sometimes so many emails get sent back and forth saying, I want pink flowers, no make that yellow, I don't want a bouquet, etc.... (you get my point) I think it makes it much easier for them to have one document with all of your final decisions and then when you arrive you can re-confirm or make changes, and you'll be off and running.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much TA Jill! Someone mentioned after my post the bullet list idea, so my fiance and I will be working on that over the next few weeks.

It does make me feel better getting all the help from this forum. The wedding can feel so overwhelming at times, especially since I have so many other things on my plate right now, and I just really want to thank everyone for all the help and support on here. This forum is an absolute necessary for a destination bride IMHO. Thanks again! smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliMay View Post
Hi Ladies!

I did not look back through the posts to see if anyone has posted this yet, but it may be an updated version. If its a duplicate I apologize! Jacy sent this document with bouquet / bout. examples to my TA this week and I wanted to share...

Hope everyone's planning is going well:) Here's a little update from me: My very generous and "crafty" friend offered to help me make boarding pass invites so I am going to get started on those and hopefully get them out in the next couple of weeks. Also we booked a venue for our at-home celebration...it will be a cocktail party in the afternoon-very casual. Still need to find a dress, tho...eek!

Just thought I'd share...How is everyone else's planning goinghuh.gif
Thanks for uploading that doc!

Are you guys getting married in the gazebo? And if so are you planning on wearing shoes? Sandals or heels? We want to do our cocktail hour on the sand. I'm not sure where we are going to hold the dinner yet, but I've talked to Jacy about the reception being near the adult pool (outside)...so all of that being said, I can't decide what I want to do about shoes?!?! Anyone else having this dimemma?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0208 View Post
Are you guys getting married in the gazebo? And if so are you planning on wearing shoes? Sandals or heels? We want to do our cocktail hour on the sand. I'm not sure where we are going to hold the dinner yet, but I've talked to Jacy about the reception being near the adult pool (outside)...so all of that being said, I can't decide what I want to do about shoes?!?! Anyone else having this dimemma?!
I got my shoes! They have a 3 inch heel... Yeah, not too sure how that is going to work out. We are getting married in the gazebo, but I think you have to walk in the sand to get there... Not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0208 View Post
In addition to my dress dillema (i.e. Can't find one that I like!) I am also debating the shoe issue. You are not alone!!

I think that I am going to settle on something flat, though, just to avoid any problems. Not sure I want to go completely barefoot, until I would see if the floor of the gazebo is smooth or not. I am thinking some sort of flat sandal, but still dressy and with a back ankle strap, so that they would stay on walking through the sand. Future hubby is planning to wear leather flip flops from J.Crew...

Regarding the shoe/sandal dilemma. Since you have to walk thru the sand to get to the gazebo; I would think you would probably want to wear something on your feet, since the sand can get pretty hot. Heck, in the tropics, the cement around the pool, etc. can even burn your feet!

We are probably going to hold the reception by the adult pool. Does anyone know if there is room for dancing there? We're not renting a dance floor.

I feel like I am the resident advisor here :)

The sand doesn't get really hot because it is more coral and even when it is burning hot it is still cool. We walked around the beach with out shoes on during the day.

Yes-there is a ton of room for dancing by the adult pool. In my opionon that is the best place to hold your reception because it is not as windy over there and it is more private. Also there is a bar right there so you wont have to go far for drinks!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions. I am not getting married there but I totally would after spending a week there