Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

I don't think the guests will go straight to the reception area, they'll probably head to one of the bars or go back to their rooms to freshen up etc. Out of 42 people all together I think almost 30 of them are family so some time or other we'll need them for pics! :)

Hi ladies!

With just a little over a month to go.. am in a bit of a panic.. first of all, where would you recommend to find a good affordable florist in puerto aventuras, and secondly, is it worth it to skip cocktail hour... I heard a few of you mention that.

but first the flowers! Im looking for callas, which are expensive no matter where I go and they have to be imported, so the sooner I get on it the better.

Thank you

Selene

Sunsetselene- I did not try finding a florist so I am little help there, but if you can not find someone to get callas in, I ended up having a florist where I live put together silk bouquets for me of callas and gerberas because the resort did not have what I wanted and they look awesome! It is just an idea if you run into a bind.

My personal opinion is to go through with the cocktail hour. Our guests loved it. I am very glad we did not skip it.

If you are bringing in a DJ, you have to pay the day pass of $55.00 per person.

I used silk flowers as well, and they looked awesome! You will save yourself a lot of money. I will attach a picture of the silk flowers so you can get a feel for how they look.

post-40445-138622366148_thumb.jpg

I also used silk flowers so I can't help you there either, but I'll bet if you check under "vendors" there are probably some flower reviews for the area :)

Regarding the cocktail hour, my guests really loved that they had something to do while we had our photos taken. It gave the two sides of the family time to mingle and meet each other. Plus they said they had an excellent time drinking while watching me attempt to not fall over on the rocks with my heels on, since they are right next to the bar. haha (The photographers insisted on this.. it better have been worth the pain!)

Sarah - Regarding the DJ guest fee, I think it is $55 but maybe Jacki can do something for you.  Since we used outside photographers, we asked if we could get the money back for NOT using the resort photographerss included in our package, and Jacki was awesome and waved the guest fees for them, which saved us $110.  So don't hesitate to ask her what she can do for you!