Jump to content
Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

So, I went to Bath & Body Works today...and of course found more cute stuff to put on my welcome bags...I'm still under budget@ around $10 per bag for the miniature stuff.

 

Here are some new pics:

Complete Bridesmaids Bags: Each had: 2 hand sanitizers, one candle, one nail file, one body cream

DSC_0073.JPG

 

Complete Guest Bags: Each had: 2 hand sanitizers, one candle, one nail file

DSC_0075.JPG

Bags: $1 each (they come with tissue paper and fabric)

DSC_0070.JPG

Nail Files: each pack of 3 was $1.50

DSC_0087.JPG

Hand Sanitizers:5 for $5

DSC_0085.JPG

Candles: 3 for $5

DSC_0091.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! We are doing the Ultimate Package and I have a few questions about a few things....

Are they only going to take 50 photos or do they take more?? I know it sounds kinda dumb but it says they include 50 photos, so I'm assuming we are able to pick them out, and do you know how much it cost to get more, cause it seems like 50 photos isn't enough.

Did any one pay extra for more time with the videographer?? How much extra does that cost??

For the  reception part did any one have theirs at the beach?? We are having our wedding May 20, 2011 @5PM but I'm sure its going to be ridiculously hot and I don't want my guests to feel miserable with a reception on the beach, so do you think El Patio would be the better choice?? And does that cost extra??

Also did anyone bring any decorations for the wedding, if so what did you use and what is easiest to transport??

And at the reception does the package come with a DJ or someone who will play some kind of music for my guest to dance for or does that cost extra as well??

 

Sorry to bombard everyone with all these questions but I feel like I don't know where to get the answers from, and since the date is getting closer, I'm getting really nervous since I feel like I have no idea about anything!!

Thanks everyone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Bianca87 View Post

 

Hey everyone! We are doing the Ultimate Package and I have a few questions about a few things....

Are they only going to take 50 photos or do they take more?? I know it sounds kinda dumb but it says they include 50 photos, so I'm assuming we are able to pick them out, and do you know how much it cost to get more, cause it seems like 50 photos isn't enough.

Did any one pay extra for more time with the videographer?? How much extra does that cost??

For the  reception part did any one have theirs at the beach?? We are having our wedding May 20, 2011 @5PM but I'm sure its going to be ridiculously hot and I don't want my guests to feel miserable with a reception on the beach, so do you think El Patio would be the better choice?? And does that cost extra??

Also did anyone bring any decorations for the wedding, if so what did you use and what is easiest to transport??

And at the reception does the package come with a DJ or someone who will play some kind of music for my guest to dance for or does that cost extra as well??

 

Sorry to bombard everyone with all these questions but I feel like I don't know where to get the answers from, and since the date is getting closer, I'm getting really nervous since I feel like I have no idea about anything!!

Thanks everyone!!

Hey.....the resort photog take tons of pics and you look at them and pick the ones you want.  I opted out of the video and got 25 more prints.  The photog and video is a few before shots but basically the the ceremony.....with some shots after of bride and groom, family, friends etc.  They stay a bit through the cocktail but that's it.  I'm sure anything is negotiable for a price....or you could hire and outside vendor which you will need to pay either a day pass for or one night stay.....you have to work that out with the WC.  We where very happy with the pics from the resort photog.

As far as the beach location......absolutely no shade, so if it's a hot day you will be baking!!!  El Patio has no a/c so again if it's hot.......and generally there is a charge of $750.  You can also consider the pool terrace which seemed to get shade earlier or the function room which had a/c, private patio and a great view.  You will have plenty of options they will show you when you get down there. 

I brought complete decor.....that is a total personal choice.  If you use el patio or the italion restaurant.....I would not use additional decor.....those rooms are both really pretty. 

As far as the sound/DJ.  There is no dj included....you can hire the resort dj or an outside vendor.  The resort does suppy sound for the ceremony w/ a man to run you music.  You can rent the equipment for the reception and us an ipod......but the music makes any party so you may want to consider hiring someone, especially if you are having a crowd.  I used DJ Mannia.....awesome, awesome, awesome.....enough said!!!! 

Hope this helps!!!  Feel free to ask away........

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by AsiaJane View Post

 

Hey Jessicap! That is awsome. I looks like we will be there at the same time. We will have to meet up and swap stories. We haven't done a lot as far as making any final plans. We are kinda on the fence about a few things. We are def goin with one of the packages bc we aren't hiring out side vendors either. We have 30 guest so far abs the number keeps rising:) What about you. How many guess so far? Well if you have any questions let me know and keep me updated on your progress! Xoxo

 

 

Hello freddiesgrl - congrats and thank you for the review! It sounds like everything went pretty great. I have one question, you mentioned that the el patio was 750. Was that in addition to your package or was that included in your package? Also post pics if u

 

Well.... we started with about 25ish, and our numbers are shrinking. :(

 

We're down to about 15 right now, and it may go down a little bit more. It's really okay. We went into this knowing we wanting something nice and small, and we are having a larger reception back home afterwards, but there are definitely a few people we had assumed would come but can't for one reason or another. The most frustrating ones are those that don't want to come because they either don't want to get a passport, or are nervous because it's in Mexico. Trust me, I know how ridiculous both of those sound, but there's just no convincing them. 

 

We just ordered our invitations (should arrive in 2 weeks), and we're trying to decide on a dinner on the beach or just a reservation at a restaurant. I think I'm leaning toward a dinner reservation, but not so sure... 

 

For a smaller party, does anyone know which restaurants are air conditioned? I see that El Patio is not...

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Freddiesgirl!  You mentioned that you had a trash the dress session.. How much was that?

 

m&d2011 your bags look great!

 

Thanks Asiajane!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow brides to be or past DPA brides...

 

First post here.! Yahoo!

Im slowly getting myself in wedding mode. We are getting married NEXT February, so I have plenty of time but since things happen on Mexico time - I figured I'd get slowly started now and start asking questions/inquiring. 

 

I've sent a big long message to a fellow poster for some advice and questions but  I am wondering does anyone have photos from a beach ceremony a DPA? I see lots from the Gazebo, but can't find any beach ones. :( 

 

Also, any brides who had their dinner/reception at El Patio - do they make a dance floor area for you? How long do you get the restaurant for until they kick you out?

 

Thanks ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies,

 

Well I am finally feeling like I am getting stuff done.

I ordered my dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=2124

 

I ordered tulle for the beach arch in coral, turquoise, and aqua http://www.giftsintl.com/tullefabric.php

 

Ordered sand for sand ceremony in Guava, pool and Malibu (which looks just like the tulle coral, turquoise, and aqua http://www.sandsationalsparkle.com/-1-Lb-Bag-Wedding-Sand_c_231.html

 

Ordered chair sashes, organza table overlays, and napkins in turquiose http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/Organza-Overlay-90-Turquoise-p/a06b_lay90_org_turq.htm

 

Flower girl dresses from Gymboree for a 6,4, and 2 year old http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Gymboree-Burst-Spring-Flower-Dress-3-4-5-6-/280638463003 (bought from gymboree but they are sold out)

 

Things I still need to do-

Playlist- almost done with it

wedding vows

groom clothes and ring bearer clothes

shoes for me- What is everyone else doing for shoes. I am tempted to go bear foot until the reception.

and I would love to find a dress for after our dinner and reception to go out in... that can also double as a AHR dress.

 

AHR- June 11th 2011

 

FH really wants a whole roasted pig so we are working on making that happen for about 50ppl.

 

That is it so far.... Anything I am missing?

 

Happy planning!

 

Tracy

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by 604bride2be View Post

Hello fellow brides to be or past DPA brides...

 

First post here.! Yahoo!

Im slowly getting myself in wedding mode. We are getting married NEXT February, so I have plenty of time but since things happen on Mexico time - I figured I'd get slowly started now and start asking questions/inquiring. 

 

I've sent a big long message to a fellow poster for some advice and questions but  I am wondering does anyone have photos from a beach ceremony a DPA? I see lots from the Gazebo, but can't find any beach ones. :( 

 

Also, any brides who had their dinner/reception at El Patio - do they make a dance floor area for you? How long do you get the restaurant for until they kick you out?

 

Thanks ladies!


Welcome 604Bride!

I'm getting married at DPA in June, so we only have a few months to go! The ladies here have been so incredibly helpful with last minute questions, so I'm sure you'll find what you need!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by tracyl5 View Post

Hello Ladies,

 

Well I am finally feeling like I am getting stuff done.

I ordered my dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=2124

 

I ordered tulle for the beach arch in coral, turquoise, and aqua http://www.giftsintl.com/tullefabric.php

 

Ordered sand for sand ceremony in Guava, pool and Malibu (which looks just like the tulle coral, turquoise, and aqua http://www.sandsationalsparkle.com/-1-Lb-Bag-Wedding-Sand_c_231.html

 

Ordered chair sashes, organza table overlays, and napkins in turquiose http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/Organza-Overlay-90-Turquoise-p/a06b_lay90_org_turq.htm

 

Flower girl dresses from Gymboree for a 6,4, and 2 year old http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Gymboree-Burst-Spring-Flower-Dress-3-4-5-6-/280638463003 (bought from gymboree but they are sold out)

 

Things I still need to do-

Playlist- almost done with it

wedding vows

groom clothes and ring bearer clothes

shoes for me- What is everyone else doing for shoes. I am tempted to go bear foot until the reception.

and I would love to find a dress for after our dinner and reception to go out in... that can also double as a AHR dress.

 

AHR- June 11th 2011

 

FH really wants a whole roasted pig so we are working on making that happen for about 50ppl.

 

That is it so far.... Anything I am missing?

 

Happy planning!

 

Tracy

 

 

 

Wow! So exciting!

 

I'm visiting my last dress place tomorrow, so hopefully will have a dress picked out soon. I feel like once that is done, everything else will fall into place.

 

We're planning for an AHR pig roast too. :) We'll see how it goes!

 

I'm curious to hear about what others have done about wedding vows--especially if you're planning on a symbolic ceremony. Any thoughts? This is the part that has me pretty confused at the moment...

 

Originally Posted by algina View Post

Does anyone have Jacy's current email address??? Thanks !!!


I've never gotten an email address specifically for Jacy. Every correspondence I have from her came from weddings.drepa@dreamsresorts.com.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×