Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Thanks, RBB!

Has anyone seen any photos online of the resort (construction, etc.)huh.gif I am so curious as to what the resort will really look like---aside from the same photos that have been on the Dreams site since this summer.

There were some pictures posted by Morgan a couple months ago. She was married at Catalonia, which is next door.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t19240-3

Also, Baltobabe on Trip Advisor just returned from a site visit at the new Dreams PA. She said she wasn't allowed to take photos because it wasn't finished, but did make some very nice comments about it on Trip Advisor.

Welcome AlliMay! My wedding date is July 17, 2009 at Dreams. We'll be down there the same time!!!! I'm just wondering have you picked your wedding package yet? I am having a hard time getting a response from Jacy. I know they must be very busy, but I've written to her a couple of weeks ago and have not heard from her. I wanted to know if we could have a poolside reception or if there is a restaurant with a terrace overlooking the water. It is very hard to plan a wedding without knowing what anything is going to look like. We are also checking out other options for the wedding reception such as maybe having it at a restaurant in Playa Del Carmen, but I think they are going to be too expensive. Oh well I'm so excited for you. And really excited that we'll get to see you the same week we're getting married!! We are arriving July 12 and staying till July 19, 2009.

Talk to you soon. Email me if you would like my phone number and we can talk. I'm still not good with getting around in this forum!!! Lol

Talk to you soon.

Kim

Here is my email:

kimmy61@comcast.net

Hi Kim!! Looks like we will be down there the same time...How fun! We are there from the 11th-18th. I'll email you, so you have my addy, too. How many people do you think will be joining youhuh.gif We are thinking around 25-ish.

For right now, I went with the free (Wedding in Paradise) package, because I am just now sure about the Silver or Gold dinners...I was told that I could upgrade later, and obviously add some of the extra features)My travel agent has been the one to communicate with Jacy for me (I am copied on the emails), so maybe that has been why I have gotten responses...not sure.

Like you, I want to be near the water for our reception...I've pulled up quite a few photos from when the resort was a Sunscape and also looked at the resort map on the Dreams website and it looks like three of the restaurants (Italian, Seafood, and El Patio-Mexican) are all on the beach. It also stated in the e-packet that El Patio could be rented out if the hotel occupancy was at 60% or below, for a fee of $750...I would be very interested in doing this, I think. Anyone else who knows more about this, PLEASE chime in...

I agree that the options in PDC would be rather expensive...I am hoping to work something out with one of the on-site restaurants, other than the buffet.

Hi Alli,

I was looking through my info last night and in what I have they said if you rent out the restaurant you also have a $18.00 set up fee per person. I don't have anything saying the hotel has to be below 60% occupied. You are so lucky that your travel agent is corresponding with Jacy. Mine hasn't done anything except book the rooms. Also are you thinking about a DJ? And how about a photographer?

Well have a great day and I will talk to you later.

Kim

AlliMay and Kim - just wondering what type of document you obtained from the resort that contains this information. I asked for a "wedding brochure" because I know DT has one for their brides and I received nothing. The only thing sent to me was a wedding checklist which I cannot even open because it is a zip file and when I asked for a new one in a new format I received no reply. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me whatever you have? (email addy is twinkle320@aol.com) I just want to start making some decisions and the more info I have the better. Thanks ladies!!!

Hello again gals,

I have attempted to attach the wedding guide that I received to this post. PLEASE let me know if you can open, otherwise I am happt to email it to anyone that wishes.

Towards the end (Reception options--p.14) is where they talk about the renting out El Patio. Based on the file name, it looks like this version of the guide was generated in mid-September, but I received it mid-October.

As far as photographer, I think that I am just going to go through the resort and use their photographer...it seems like the least hassle and I am all about stress-free. We splurged on really nice engagement pics and I also have a couple amateur photographers in our friends / family group. I am hoping to work out a lower price than the stated $440, because all I really want is the digital CD with the images and the rights and will get my own prints (great site to order prof. quality prints --Mpix.com---I highly recommend).

I think that we are going to rent the audio equipment and have a loaded Ipod for both the ceremony and reception. I read in one of the Dreams Tulum threads that a bride rented this equipment and used for both...I am hoping to do the same. We are kind of particular about music, and I would rather pay $150 for the whole time to have what we want exactly---I am also a budget bride in case you can't tell woot.gif

Please let me know if you all have any questions or comments...I would love to hear everyone else's plans!!

WEDDING GUIDE-150908.pdf

Thanks AlliMay... I just dl'ed it fine and I'm sure you will see your points going up!

EWWW!!! How are they going to use a scripted font for ALL the text!!! What are they thinking! pet peeve of mine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • that nike uk sale is ultra-responsive along with fits irving's mind-blowing, shifty techniques on the wood. they're just made which includes a mesh upper, characteristic suede overlays, lens air padding, flywire converter cables pertaining to help support, and a contract groove outsole which includes a zigzag cutout along the underlying part intended for multi-directional traction.and such as continually, his workout shoes are actually receiving some particular attention way too. it is possible to acquire this nike air max with sneakerhead these days. usually there are some represents for the duration of any nba sport this stick out, there are additional performs which specify 12 months throughout field hockey, next there are actually all those takes on which have been thus exceptional trainer patterns are inspired by means of these people. the case with all the nike air max cheap uk. encouraged by simply scottie pippen's poster dunk about patrick ewing from the 1994 nba playoffs, they will feature a manhattan knicks-inspired colorway, "33" embroidery around the back heel, along with a graphic on the insole in which represents your play perfectly. pippen could be the dude of which produced this particular iconic field hockey sneaker common, so the homage can be quite fitted. a person can the particular nike air max mens in sneakerhead nowadays. it is really converting out in the form of large season with the nike surroundings extra uptempo. nike features re-released this traditional basketball sneaker, that originally debuted throughout 1996, in several colorways (not to mention a new best collab) plus more possibilities are on its way.
    • @Belle315 Royalton Brides Facebook Review:
      Review! 7/7/18
      Paradise Package 71 guests
      Rehearsal: Grande Marche (45ppl)
      Ceremony: Sky Terrace 2pm
      Cocktail hour: ballroom hall 2:30-3:30pm
      Reception: Sky Terrace 6-10pm
      Travel Agent: Raylene at Ever After (out of Las Vegas)
      Off site coordinator: Charlyne
      On site planner: Paola
      Home base: Arlington, TX (DFW area)

I wrote a ridiculously long review (11 pages). It includes my itinerary, my 6 page travel letter for worry warts, guest bags, every detail of the hotel, cost, advice, etc. I’m not going to overload the FB page with it so here is a link to the review if you want to read it. In short, I would give this hotel and experience 5 stars and recommend you use an outside vendor for photography and DJ just for cost effective reasons. Theirs is amazing and will not disappoint. My favorite part of my stay was the wedding of course and the spa. Favorite people at the resort were Paola (wedding planner), Vividiana (check in), Veronica and Marisol (spa). https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RaFb19Pbn8tDvNY3_GSoZ8DX0plYaT_F

• Hi there, I think the idea of abroad trip is great for the newly married couple. But along with the trip you can also gift them some beautiful pairs of wholesale designer sunglasses, that will be helpful to them on the trip. By wearing wholesale sunglasses they look stylish and fashionable.
    • What is BMI? Body Mass Index ( BMI index ) is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters. For children and teens, BMI is age- and sex-specific and is often referred to as BMI-for-age. In children, a high amount of body fat can lead to weight-related diseases and other health issues and being underweight can also put one at risk for health issues. A high BMI can be an indicator of high body fatness. BMI does not measure body fat directly, but research has shown that BMI is correlated with more direct measures of body fat, such as skinfold thickness measurements, bioelectrical impedance, densitometry (underwater weighing), dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and other methods1,2,3. BMI can be considered an alternative to direct measures of body fat. In general, BMI is an inexpensive and easy-to-perform method of screening for weight categories that may lead to health problems. How is BMI calculated for children and teens? Calculating BMI using the BMI Percentile Calculator involves the following steps: Measure height and weight. Refer to Measuring Children’s Height and Weight Accurately At Home for guidance. Use the Child and Teen BMI Calculator to calculate BMI. The BMI number is calculated using standard formulas. What is a BMI percentile and how is it interpreted? After BMI is calculated for children and teens, it is expressed as a percentile which can be obtained from either a graph or a percentile calculator (see links below). These percentiles express a child’s BMI relative to children in the U.S. who participated in national surveys that were conducted from 1963-65 to 1988-944. Because weight and height change during growth and development, as does their relation to body fatness, a child’s BMI must be interpreted relative to other children of the same sex and age. The BMI-for-age percentile growth charts are the most commonly used indicator to measure the size and growth patterns of children and teens in the United States. BMI-for-age weight status categories and the corresponding percentiles were based on expert committee recommendations and are shown in the following table.   Weight Status Category Percentile Range Underweight Less than the 5th percentile Normal or Healthy Weight 5th percentile to less than the 85th percentile Overweight 85th to less than the 95th percentile Obese Equal to or greater than the 95th percentile   How is BMI used with children and teens? For children and teens, BMI is not a diagnostic tool and is used to screen for potential weight and health-related issues. For example, a child may have a high BMI for their age and sex, but to determine if excess fat is a problem, a health care provider would need to perform further assessments. These assessments might include skinfold thickness measurements, evaluations of diet, physical activity, family history, and other appropriate health screenings. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of BMI to screen for overweight and obesity in children beginning at 2 years old. For children under the age of 2 years old, consult the WHO standards. BMI online Is BMI interpreted the same way for children and teens as it is for adults? BMI is interpreted differently for children and teens even though it is calculated as weight ÷ height2. Because there are changes in weight and height with age, as well as their relation to body fatness, BMI levels among children and teens need to be expressed relative to other children of the same sex and age. These percentiles are calculated from the CDC growth charts, which were based on national survey data collected from 1963-65 to 1988-944. Obesity is defined as a BMI at or above the 95th percentile for children and teens of the same age and sex. For example, a 10-year-old boy of average height (56 inches) who weighs 102 pounds would have a BMI of 22.9 kg/m2. This would place the boy in the 95th percentile for BMI, and he would be considered to have obesity. This means that the child’s BMI is greater than the BMI of 95% of 10-year-old boys in the reference population. For adults, BMI is interpreted as weight status categories that are not dependent on sex or age. Read more: How to interpret BMI for adult BMI Why can’t healthy weight ranges be provided for children and teens? Normal or healthy weight weight status is based on BMI between the 5th and 85th percentile on the CDC growth chart. It is difficult to provide healthy weight ranges for children and teens because the interpretation of BMI depends on weight, height, age, and sex. What are the BMI trends for children and teens in the United States? The prevalence of children and teens who measure in the 95th percentile or greater on the CDC growth charts has greatly increased over the past 40 years. Recently, however, this trend has leveled off and has even declined in certain age groups. To learn more about child and teen obesity trends, visit Childhood Obesity Facts. How can I tell if my child is overweight or obese? CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommend the use of BMI to screen for overweight and obesity in children and teens age 2 through 19 years. For children under the age of 2 years old, consult the WHO standards. Although BMI is used to screen for overweight and obesity in children and teens, BMI is not a diagnostic tool. To determine whether the child has excess fat, further assessment by a trained health professional would be needed. For information about the consequences of childhood obesity, its contributing factors and more, see Tips for Parents – Ideas and Tips to Help Prevent Childhood Obesity. Can I determine if my child or teen is obese by using an adult BMI calculator? In general, it’s not possible to do this. The adult calculator provides only the BMI value (weight/height2) and not the BMI percentile that is needed to interpret BMI among children and teens. It is not appropriate to use the BMI categories for adults to interpret the BMI of children and teens. However, if a child or teen has a BMI of ≥ 30 kg/m2, the child is almost certainly obese. A BMI of 30 kg/m2 is approximately the 95th percentile among 17-year-old girls and 18-year-old boys. My two children have the same BMI values, but one is considered obese and the other is not. Why is that? The interpretation of BMI varies by age and sex. So if the children are not the same age and the same sex, the interpretation of BMI has different meanings. For children of different age and sex, the same BMI could represent different BMI percentiles and possibly different weight status categories. See the following graphic for an example for a 10-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy who both have a BMI-for-age of 23. (Note that two children of different ages are plotted on the same growth chart to illustrate a point. Normally the measurement for only one child is plotted on a growth chart.)  
    • Whether your relatives were especially generous with their checks or you intentionally set up a cash registry, let’s be perfectly clear: There’s no right or wrong way to spend your wedding gift money.  So sit down and start talking to ensure you’re both on the same page, then check out some of our favorite ideas for spending (and saving) those dollars wisely. Be Sensible About the Long Run
      Sometimes it pays to be a responsible adult, even if it seems boring on the surface. Before that cash starts burning a hole in your pocket, it’s a good idea to “pay yourselves first.” That means paying down debt (especially if you racked up any for the wedding itself), starting a rainy day savings fund, or even contributing to your retirement accounts. It might feel like a lifetime away, but one day you’ll both be glad you made such a sound investment. Save Up for Something Big
      A wedding windfall offers the perfect opportunity to get the two of you closer to a future goal you’ve been dreaming of. It can be as immediate as investing in much-needed new furniture (you can finally dump that lumpy old mattress!), or as far down the road as saving up for a home. Or maybe you want to buy a new car—especially if that sporty two-seater you’re currently driving doesn’t exactly match up with your plans to have kids. Whatever the goal, working toward something together will only serve to strengthen your relationship. Bright idea: Want to put your wedding wedding toward a down payment on a house? Consider opening a certificate of deposit (CD), especially if you’re not planning to buy for a few years. CDs tend to offer higher interest rates than savings accounts—and since you can’t touch the money for a set period of time, it’s useful if you’re usually tempted to tap into your savings for more immediate needs. Have a Little Fun
      Once you’ve got the future squared away, it’s okay to treat yourselves—so go ahead and enjoy a mini splurge that’ll benefit both of you. Reserve a small amount to put toward a shared interest, like a high-tech wine fridge or top-of-the-line home theater system. Or if the two of you have been texting each other pictures of golden doodle puppies for weeks, and you’re serious about raising a dog or cat, visit your local shelter or check out reputable breeders to find a new four-legged friend. Allocating a bit of the funds for something exciting maintains a healthy balance in your spending habits, making long-term financial wellness more achievable. (You know what they say about all work and no play.) Bright idea: Take a class together. Having a common interest helps you grow as a couple, so pick something you both want to learn, like a foreign language, and enjoy that extra quality time. 
  • Topics