Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcfarms View Post
Haha yes we sure do girl. I am trying not to panic and make lists so I am somewhat organized. Im flying Air Canada. What about you?
We are too!! Get in around 2:30? Woohoo!!! Let me know if you need help during the week leading up to the wedding....I'm your gal if you need me!! smile159.gif

Oh thats awesome. Flight 1860 something haha. Yuppers. We are coming in the night before because now we have to be at the airport three hours early so at 5 am. If you see the really stressed bride with three children (who are mostly heathens btw) thats me haha. You too. I am trying to get my invites for the AHR done and off to the printers so I can assemble them. Into Calgary this coming monday to deliver some stuff and gulp send off for my new passport. Im a mess. :P

Dee, we did Geoff's passport stuff before the holidays and he went into the office that is in downtown here. I think it ended up being two or three weeks before he got his new passport? I've heard that it's a bit faster if you get your paperwork done online so that it's ready to go. If you need the link I can send it to you!!

When I called yesterday they told me ten business days if I go in person. So Monday thats what I am doing. Thanks though. I hate filling forms in online. I always mess something up. He went to the Harry Hays Building I assume. I go to the one on Macleod and it seems pretty fast there. Will let you know. Hopefully I can get your bottles to you on monday too and pick up the aloe since I will be in town.

Yes, he did go to the Harry Hays building since we're both at work downtown and he could pop over during the day and miss peak times at lunch easily enough. The online forms you don't actually submit online, you just fill in the spaces and then print it out so I find it's not as bad.

Ooh and if you're heading down Macleod on Monday then it might be easy to meet you in or near downtown for an exchange anyways! I'll email you again with some other details :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Welcome to our thread! Hopefully some of the comments/reviews here helped in your decision to choose DPA!

You mentioned not being happy with the date Sandra had given you in October - was it not the date you originally had in mind, or the wrong time etc?
Thank you! Yes, Sandra confirmed our 3rd choice for a date, but we (I should say my TA) was able to work it out. We are officially set for 10/01/10 at 3:00 p.m., with our reception at El Patio! I am so excited and relieved!! The comments and reviews were EXTREMELY helpful in choosing DPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee View Post
And seriously, she has to "check with the other brides that day and see if they will move their time" for me to have it later than 3:00 for April 2011. Boy oh boy. I will not get stressed though, that's forever away. I just hope she didn't put me for the wrong year.
Interesting, I wanted later than 3:00 as well, and I was told by my TA that DPA normally did weddings at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. She has coordinated numerous weddings at DPA, and seems to be on very good terms with Sandra. I just booked my date, so now I am thinking I should push for a later time...

SassyCass - good to hear that you're all booked for DPA! I'm not sure how much later in the day you wanted to have your wedding, but you may want to ask around and find out what time the sun starts setting at that time of year. That might play a role in why the standard time they book is at 3pm?? I'm not really sure but it's a thought. We're having our ceremony at 3pm, doing pictures for a couple of hours while our guests have cocktails and then reception at 5:30 or 6pm. We figured this way everything will flow into the evening well and we won't be rushed or have to keep to a time schedule at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
I'm not sure how much later in the day you wanted to have your wedding, but you may want to ask around and find out what time the sun starts setting at that time of year. That might play a role in why the standard time they book is at 3pm?? I'm not really sure but it's a thought.
The sun sets around 7:00 in April. I want mine later simply because we are not having a reception in Mexico, so there's not a big reason for me to still need all that daylight and bright sun in our eyes for the ceremony.