Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayBride2010 View Post
Aaronsgirl...yeah I am definitely not interested in the nightlife, I like my sleep too much :) Its my guests that I am worried about.

I am really trying to decide between Dreams Tulum and Dreams PA. I am really really struggling.

How many on-site wedding locations do they have here?
MayBride,
I am not positive about all of the wedding locations. I know the beach and the gazebo are two(and the most popular) choices. We are doing the gazebo for both the ceremony and the reception. I felt like it was a good choice for the reception because it is pretty much private but you don't have to pay the extra fee for a private reception at the restaurant:)

The adult pool is another option, but another bride said she couldn't have her wedding there because they had a baby. Well, we have 2 children and an infant, so not sure if that's going to work out. Have to go to Plan B, but we don't really have a Plan B. I think El Patio is closed on Friday nights and the bride that had the baby had her wedding there.

AndreaJane - We were thinking about using the Mexican Trio (that comes with the package) for the ceremony and then having the DJ for cocktail hour and reception. I didn't realize that you could switch out the Trio with the violinist! I might have to look into that now.

JGomez - Sorry to hear about all the flight cancellations! That really sucks, I can see how it can get exhausting! Good luck sweetie, I'm sure it will all work out!! Keep us posted

AndreaJane2000, We are thinking of switching out the Mexican trio for the Caribbean trio in hopes that they can play some reggae for both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Better suited for a Jamaican wedding, I know, but reggae is more our style. And thinking of them playing "One Love" as we walk down the aisle just makes me happy :). And we'll have the DJ for the reception.

RoryS/Everyone, I have a theory. What I'm starting to notice from Bianca's comments and other brides is that some of the "rules" seem flexible. For example if the resort is empty, they'll let her have her rehearsal on the patio. Or that El Patio was closed on Friday... I bet if they were packed it might not be closed. I guess my point is that I'm not going to count on all the perks that other brides get but I'm just going to show up with a good attitude and hope Jacy takes care of us. I mean it's Mexico right... I just can't believe that they wouldn’t let someone have a reception by the adult pool because there was a couple of kids in the party. Anyway it's just my opinion. But I realized if I stress and try to add up every cost before arriving then I'll get really pissed/stress if I show up and Jacy says "well actually it going to costs xyz more money." So we're just going down with a budget. If that means our guests only get 1 appetizer instead of 3 or that we all squish into the buffet for the rehearsal dinner so be it... plus we might get some special perks/attention because we'll have a good attitude and be flexible. Any thoughts?

Recent Brides (I don't want to miss anyone),

And I must give amazingly high props to the May/June 2009 brides! You are the prime examples of being flexible.... from flight cancellations to destination changes... you ladies are AWESOME.

May2010bride,

I'm a May 2010 bride too, YAY! I picked Puerto Aventuras instead of Tulum because it was recently renovated, it has snorkeling right off it beach, it's in a gated community, easy walk to the small village with dolphins/sea life/shopping/tours. I feel like it's a lot less secluded then Tulum while being quaint and safe. Plus I think it's a shorter drive from the airport. As for night life I think RoryS found out about a shuttle that will take people to Playa del Carmen for nightlife fun. So I was thinking of giving all my party loving friends that info in their OOT bags.

One last thing, I just had my first dream about the wedding. I was running around in my gown before the wedding trying to change the reception location. Even though it was stressful I wanted to keep dreaming because dreaming about our wedding was so exciting. And I still have a year left, heehee.

You have such a great attitude. Just go with the flow... I am helping my niece plan this wedding and just got off the phone with her and we were commenting on how we started planning this like a year ago, and we're almost 2 weeks away! I am so excited for her, but feel like since I've had such a huge input into it (finding the location, etc.) that I have alot riding on this. She is very laid back and just said whatever happens - happens. If we get there and can't have it at the adult pool because of a couple kids, we'll worry about it then. I will definitely post on here when we get back and let you know anything you want. I will probably have a better perspective - not being the bride - and therefore, not as stressed - and will be more observant of what's going on the day of the wedding and the days leading up. We are all meeting with Jacy on June 10th, as I told her 2 brains are better than one (well, actually Blake has a brain too), so it's 3 brains. If she forgets to ask something, I will - and vice versa. We have gotten so much information off this forum - it has been amazing.

Here's a mini review...

Rehearsal dinner:

Jacy said they could set up a long table at Portofino for us, but that was not the case. i went up to the hostess and told her what we wanted and she offered to set up 2 tables for us on the deck, one for 10 and the other for 9. My dad left them like a $25 tip per waiter. We had 2. I would have known sooner about not being able to set up the tables for us, but my voicemail was not working.

Ceremony:

OMFG IT WAS WINDY!!! No joke. That part was horrible. My veil flew out of my hair. Luckily my sister caught it. There was a chair or two that got blown across the gazebo and we had to cut out the sand ceremony. I did not ask for the speakers but it was set up for us anyways. I asked for the videographer and he was there. There were also like 3 resort photographers plus my photographer, Martha Roque. Everything was nice. I didn't really care about the decorations at this point. they had the tulle wrapped around the poles like we've seen in other photos. There were two floral pieces set up on the front two poles and then one on the table. Thats about it.

Reception:

This was gorgeous! Oceana was closed that night so we had it there WITH our 3 kids. Jacy said it was not a problem. The set up was amazing. I really need to post photos of this. Jacy did an amazing job. One part that I didn't let bother me was that there were some rude people on their balcony making "sex" noises. A bit immature, but they eventually stopped.

let me know if you guys have any questions... I will try to post some pics in the next week or so.

OOOOHHHH!! My photographer's husband also owns a transportation company. We got a great rate to take us to the ruins on Friday. We went to Coba and Tulum and had lunch in between. The beach at tulum is something you do NOT want to miss! We paid $320 for two 14 passenger vans that had a cooler with water and beer. Sinal tours was charging $390 I think for the 2 vans without the cooler with drinks.

Bianca Congrats!!!! Thanks so much for the review. We are getting married on June 3rd and this is great info! I wish these brides are as great as you are in getting back to us. I will do the same and try and update as often as I can but enjoy your honeymoon!!!!