Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Hey all! I leave for the airport in about 2 hours. I only slept 2 hours last night and I have not slept yet tonight! I am going to CRASH! Oh well. I am finally getting all my stuff together. I didn't get a chance to do a planning thread. I was really looking forward to that, but I guess I will make one huge review thread when I get back. I just finished packing my stuff. I will take pics of the possible dinner locations. I think thats the most asked question on here? I will read back some. We are taking our laptops and will be in the Preferred Club, so you will be hearing back from me during my week at DPA. I AM SO EXCITED! That's probably why I can't sleep.... :) Can't wait to tell you guys how awesome it is down there!

Hi all - Does anyone know when purchasing any of the packages - do they add taxes or gratuity to the $2,650 amount or is that a standard rate. That's one question I've never asked Jacy before. Adding taxes/gratuity would move it to $2,915. I appreciate anyones help - Bianca - SOOO Happy you're there!

Get all your wedding stuff set up when you get there and then just relax for the next couple of days. There was just a post on TA from a bride who got married a couple weeks ago and she said everything went so smoothly - she didn't have a thing to be worried about.

If you're looking to have your wedding at this resort I highly recommend it. The staff was so helpful leading up to the day and while we were there they made every effort to make things go as smoothly as possible. On the actual day I was able to relax by the pool knowing that things were taken care of. It was incredible. Even during the ceremony/reception we really didn't have to do much. I couldn't have been more pleased and our wedding day was perfect! If low key is what you like then you will love to have your wedding here.

Everyone is so freaking nice here! I don't think I have seen anyone unpleasent. The restaurants are a bit slow even though they are only at 30% occupancy right now, but the food is great. It doesn't come out piping hot like I think one review said, but I only just realized that because I remember it in a review. I never thought about it at the restaurant bc the food tasted so freaking good!

I met with Jacy last night and she is so freaking nice! For everything that I said that I brought, she basically just said leave it together for me to pick up and I will take care of it.

I haven't gone into the gift shop yet. I am walking up to the marina today and will keep a look out for little tequilla bottles.

When I met with Jacy she showed me all the locations for the reception. Basically what I saw is the beach spot. She said they would open up the bar next to it for our service. She didn not mention an extra cost. The was the deck of the Portofino Restautant. For the wedding, you can only use it if its closed, but they are setting up tables for us for our Rehearsal Dinner there for free. She also shower me the Banquet Hall. It was okay. I will post some pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Everyone is so freaking nice here! I don't think I have seen anyone unpleasent. The restaurants are a bit slow even though they are only at 30% occupancy right now, but the food is great. It doesn't come out piping hot like I think one review said, but I only just realized that because I remember it in a review. I never thought about it at the restaurant bc the food tasted so freaking good!

I met with Jacy last night and she is so freaking nice! For everything that I said that I brought, she basically just said leave it together for me to pick up and I will take care of it.

I haven't gone into the gift shop yet. I am walking up to the marina today and will keep a look out for little tequilla bottles.

When I met with Jacy she showed me all the locations for the reception. Basically what I saw is the beach spot. She said they would open up the bar next to it for our service. She didn not mention an extra cost. The was the deck of the Portofino Restautant. For the wedding, you can only use it if its closed, but they are setting up tables for us for our Rehearsal Dinner there for free. She also shower me the Banquet Hall. It was okay. I will post some pics later.
YAY! You are there! Thanks for taking the time to post. So happy to hear that all is going well for you.
So they are setting up tables for rehearsal dinner for you in the restaurant w/o any charge? Is this only because the occupancy rate is so low? I am so unsure what we are going to do about rehearsal dinner b/c I was hoping not to incur more costs for that.
Thanks again for your "live" post. Can't wait to hear more and see pics!
HAVE A GREAT TIME BIANCA!!!!

Bianca,

I hope you finally got a good night's sleep. I heard the beds are really comfortable. Do you know if kids will be allowed at the adult pool for the reception? We have 3 coming and someone mentioned that they didn't have their reception there because they had a baby... that'll really throw a wrench in things.