Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

adnil - We are currently trying to re-book at DPA for later this year so as to use the same packages. And we did book land and air seperate as we were staying for a second week at one of the Secrets resorts....our travel agent is busy trying to find a week to accomodate our group of 40!

We did try to get other flights for Saturday however it was going to cost around $750 per person and they would still be left with a credit for the air portion only to be used by the end of October...not very useful for our guests.

So with all that being said we're at a stand still right now trying to see if Jacy will refund our deposit or hold it for a possible later date...and seeing if we can get our photographers to hold on....not sure on those details yet!

Hopefully all of this will blow over before you are due to leave...we still wanted to go despite the flu, so fingers crossed that all will work out.

If you don't get a reply from Jacy, she does answer when you call her....hope this helps you!

lp579 - Thanks...I think if I dont' hear back from her by Friday I will give her a call and I'll let you know what she says. We are thinking it'll be unlikely that they will refund, but yeah if they can hold that credit and we can go there next year or something that would be fine too.

The only thing with later this year is that we'll be getting into rainy, hurricane and mostquito season from July to October.

Good luck with your planning!!

Unfortunately, my FH isn't going to the site visit anymore sad.gif I'm disappointed but nothing can compare to the brides w/ the May/June wedding dates. My heart goes out to you. The whole situation SUCKS. I know there is nothing I can say to make it better but I know we are all just so sorry for your situation and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
I haven't received the official word yet but depending on what I hear tomorrow....I may no longer be a DPA bride. While some people think it might be an over reaction, I have 4 year old son who was extremely sick as an infant and is now susceptible to everything and gets it worse than others generally would, so while people are comparing this to the regular flu, the "regular" flu would mean hospital time for my son which is why we get him vaccinated. My son is my priority and its not worth the risk to me. While the chances are slim I can't take that chance cause I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him. So, don't know where I am going yet, but it most likely won't be DPA anymore. I am so sad because I feel in love with the resort the moment I saw pics and never even considered anywhere else.
I'm sooo sorry to hear that you have to change your plans. You're right though, your son is #1. I'm praying for everything to work out for you and your family. Gosh, I can't believe all of this. sad.gif

Dear Reluctant,

I have been on this thread and have watched you plan this wedding from the beginning. I just feel horrible for you and all the other brides out there that are in the same situation. Your son is your number one priority. Good luck with all the new decisions that face you and keep us posted on the new changes.

I know whatever happens you will have a beautiful wedding and everything will work out for the best.

You and all the other brides in this situation are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlizabethm View Post
I'm sooo sorry to hear that you have to change your plans. You're right though, your son is #1. I'm praying for everything to work out for you and your family. Gosh, I can't believe all of this. sad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmaranto View Post
Dear Reluctant,

I have been on this thread and have watched you plan this wedding from the beginning. I just feel horrible for you and all the other brides out there that are in the same situation. Your son is your number one priority. Good luck with all the new decisions that face you and keep us posted on the new changes.

I know whatever happens you will have a beautiful wedding and everything will work out for the best.

You and all the other brides in this situation are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Thank you so much for all the support!!! It is difficult to imagine moving but I really do think it for it is for the best. I can't wait to see all the pics from the DPA brides because I am sure you will all have beautiful weddings. As for me, if all goes well today, I will still be a Dreams bride and we will be relocating to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. The resort is beautiful and I think it is a wonderful "Plan B". Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way with planning at DPA and thankfully I'll be able to keep many of my plans the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
Thank you so much for all the support!!! It is difficult to imagine moving but I really do think it for it is for the best. I can't wait to see all the pics from the DPA brides because I am sure you will all have beautiful weddings. As for me, if all goes well today, I will still be a Dreams bride and we will be relocating to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. The resort is beautiful and I think it is a wonderful "Plan B". Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way with planning at DPA and thankfully I'll be able to keep many of my plans the same.
I hope you have a wonderful wedding! The resort looks beautiful. Your son is your first priority and I can certainly understand not exposing him to anything more than he's already experienced in life.We leave in less than 6 weeks and hopefully, things will be straightened out by then. My Bro & SIL are nervous about going - not because they'll get sick, but because they'll have a new grandchild about a week old when they return and don't want to bring anything home with them. I think I saw on the news that Cancun is using the hand-held thermometers at the airport for arrivals and departures. Of course, if you get something late in your stay; it wouldn't show up anyway, but at least they're being pro-active.
Good luck and I hope you have a beautiful wedding and a long and love-filled marriage!

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their very helpful information on this forum! Due to recent events we had to cancel our wedding at DPA and move it elsewhere...still to be decided. I wish all the DPA brides a fabulous wedding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp579 View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their very helpful information on this forum! Due to recent events we had to cancel our wedding at DPA and move it elsewhere...still to be decided. I wish all the DPA brides a fabulous wedding!!
I'm so sorry that you had to cancel your wedding. This whole thing just sucks! Good luck with your wedding plans, I know everything will work itself out! hug2.gif

Since our wedding isn't until June FI and I are going to wait it out a few more weeks to see if all this hype calms down. Sigh...