Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

I wrote Jacy yesterday evening to see how things are going in Mexico. Lets be real, the US media has nothing to talk about besides this swineflu. I posted an article on my wedding website that basically told everyone to CHILL OUT and 500,000-600,000 people die every year from the basic flu and we don't report on that. I mean, I guess I personally am not worried and if people are that are attending the wedding, by all means - feel free to cancel! I'd rather not have those hypocondriachs at my wedding anyway, those are the kind of people that will come to me, the bride, and tell me that housekeeping didn't come to their room to clean...as if the bride wants or cares to hear complaints about the destinaton she chose! Ugh!! Sorry...it's early and man, I wish I wuld have eloped with just me and my finacee sometimes... I'll let you know what Jacy wrote :) Have a great day and no worries girls, be precautious and everyone will be fine! (basically don't go hang out in Mexico City, don't kiss any of the mexican staff at the resort, etc.) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinalynL View Post
Reluctant - Since you're up next (I think!) have you heard anything from Dreams or Jacy as to the recent news about the swine flu? Or is everything pretty much business as usual?
I haven't received the official word yet but depending on what I hear tomorrow....I may no longer be a DPA bride. While some people think it might be an over reaction, I have 4 year old son who was extremely sick as an infant and is now susceptible to everything and gets it worse than others generally would, so while people are comparing this to the regular flu, the "regular" flu would mean hospital time for my son which is why we get him vaccinated. My son is my priority and its not worth the risk to me. While the chances are slim I can't take that chance cause I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him. So, don't know where I am going yet, but it most likely won't be DPA anymore. I am so sad because I feel in love with the resort the moment I saw pics and never even considered anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
I haven't received the official word yet but depending on what I hear tomorrow....I may no longer be a DPA bride. While some people think it might be an over reaction, I have 4 year old son who was extremely sick as an infant and is now susceptible to everything and gets it worse than others generally would, so while people are comparing this to the regular flu, the "regular" flu would mean hospital time for my son which is why we get him vaccinated. My son is my priority and its not worth the risk to me. While the chances are slim I can't take that chance cause I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him. So, don't know where I am going yet, but it most likely won't be DPA anymore. I am so sad because I feel in love with the resort the moment I saw pics and never even considered anywhere else.

I am so sorry to hear how this has affect so many brides on BDW. Have you thought about trying to transfer to antoher dreams resort in Dominican? I thought I read somwhere that Dreams will change your resort with no change fee. There may be a flight change cost though? Good luck and let us know what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
Wow, what a tough decision to make. Your son is definitely a priority and do what you need to do to keep him safe! Let us know what you end up doing. On the bright site, you'll still be marrying the man of you dreams.

Hi Ladies,

I seriously feel guilty about not having posted my pictures or my review yet but I am so busy with work and all my pictures are out of order because I have them from 9 cameras and I'm still missing pictures from 1 person. Anyway, I quickly skimmed through some of the postings and someone had a question about hair and makeup. I think that they did a really good job. I wasn't 100% happy with my hair because I have alot of it and I had envisioned something different where I would have it out but I wasn't able to because it's extremely windy there and my pictures would have been messed up. The girl did do a great job. Pictures and a review will be coming shortly. One thing, is that you have to be on top of them and get your family to talk to the staff to move the beach people and the chairs out of the way. We tipped very well to have our way and even that barely sufficed...right before I was about to walk out, the net was still up and I had to get my dad to find someone to take it down...same with the chairs. One thing that Jacy did wrong and I have no ideas how weddings are supposed to work is that after my dad gave me away, she didn't sit him down so he was next to me the whole time...I didn't mind but I don't think it was supposed to be like that...so if you guys are sticklers for details, keep that in mind. Also, for the symbolic ceremony, the person that conducts it is a baptist minister not some random guy off the street. Oh...and maybe look for something to decorate the microphone with...it looks ugly in the pictures.

RBB, I'm in the same boat, Canada has suspended all their flights to Mexico until the first week of June and I was due to fly May 30, not sure either what we plan to do. Our TA said it'll be really hard booking us to another location due to the size of our group. We am in a bind too, do we postpone until next year?? as the rest of the year is sort of a write off due to the rainy, hurricane, mostquito season. Now the Heath Org is thinking of raising the alert level to 5, I'm sure people would not want to fly anywhere and I don't want to be held responsible for 40+ ppl's health.

But I guess on the bigger scheme of things, ppl are dying around the world, this shouldn't be that big of a deal..... sad.gif

If anyone else is in the same boat and has suggestions, please do tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp579 View Post
Well that call we've been dreading happened...sunwing cancelled the flight portion of our trip...making it a little tricky to get there! Lol! We're trying to find another flight so everyone doesn't lose their land only portion....this sucks!!! Anyone know the wedding package refund policy?

lp - I'm in Vancouver BC and all tour operators have cancelled their flights to Mexico and offered to rebook with no extra charge until Oct. Are you finding altnerative flights to Mexico?? I take it you booked land and air separately?

I have emailed Jacy about the wedding package deposit as I was due to fly on May 30 with wedding date on June 5, but she has not replied.

I'll be interested to find out what you are doing.
Good luck!