Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

So I got a couple more answers from Jacy on questions that I asked. I had mentioned previously that I asked for a credit in place of the cocktail hour (which I don't want) and I wanted to use that credit for more menu options for dinner. She informed me that they can allow me to use the credit towards a second entree. So, with such a small group, we will just go to one of the bars for drinks after the ceremony till dinner is set up and while we do pictures and then we will just have the dinner with two entrees and no additional cost smile29.gif. I had also sent her a picture of the beach set up that I wanted and she indicated that there would be an extra charge, but when I told her I am bringing my own tulle, she said there would be no charge. She also accepted pictures of my flower samples to send to the florist to see if they were possible. Just thought I would share with everyone in case it helps anyone.

What type of flowers are you using in your centerpieces? We are hoping to use some birds of paradise and some other tropical type flower, plus some sort of green palm leaves. We also want to put palm leaves on the table underneath the centerpiece. I would assume they would be pretty easily available, but not sure. What do you all think about lining the aisle in the gazebo with palm leaves on either side? We were going to do rose petals, but I think they'll all blow away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
So I got a couple more answers from Jacy on questions that I asked. I had mentioned previously that I asked for a credit in place of the cocktail hour (which I don't want) and I wanted to use that credit for more menu options for dinner. She informed me that they can allow me to use the credit towards a second entree. So, with such a small group, we will just go to one of the bars for drinks after the ceremony till dinner is set up and while we do pictures and then we will just have the dinner with two entrees and no additional cost smile29.gif. I had also sent her a picture of the beach set up that I wanted and she indicated that there would be an extra charge, but when I told her I am bringing my own tulle, she said there would be no charge. She also accepted pictures of my flower samples to send to the florist to see if they were possible. Just thought I would share with everyone in case it helps anyone.
Thank you for this info. I will be very interested in your review when you get back from your wedding. Your plans are very much in line with what I want. I would love to hear how the logistics of it all turn out. So you are getting married on the beach and not in the gazebo? And then dinner/reception in the gazebo? I want to have our ceremony in the gazebo, then go for drinks and come back to the gazebo for dinner. That way I can use my decorations (tulle, lanterns, etc.) in the gazebo for both. My other area of concern is music. I am hoping to be able to bring my own music and play it somehow in the gazebo. I don't have an Ipod but may have to get one for this. I wasn't sure if I brought a CD if they have something to play it on. I don't really need speakers as our group is small (17 total including us).
Anyhow, your plans seem to be coming together nicely. I can't wait to see pics and read your review. Your time is coming FAST !! smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marryinghimagain View Post
Thank you for this info. I will be very interested in your review when you get back from your wedding. Your plans are very much in line with what I want. I would love to hear how the logistics of it all turn out. So you are getting married on the beach and not in the gazebo? And then dinner/reception in the gazebo? I want to have our ceremony in the gazebo, then go for drinks and come back to the gazebo for dinner. That way I can use my decorations (tulle, lanterns, etc.) in the gazebo for both. My other area of concern is music. I am hoping to be able to bring my own music and play it somehow in the gazebo. I don't have an Ipod but may have to get one for this. I wasn't sure if I brought a CD if they have something to play it on. I don't really need speakers as our group is small (17 total including us).
Anyhow, your plans seem to be coming together nicely. I can't wait to see pics and read your review. Your time is coming FAST !! smile29.gif

It is coming so fast my head is spinning and everytime I cross one thing off my checklist I feel like I add two other things back on. I can't wait to do my planning thread (if I can get it all organized) and I will do a review for you ladies right after I return. I am getting so excited.

So, yes, I am getting married on the beach with this type of set up
Click the image to open in full size.

but my tulle will be ivory, which I am taking and my hanging flowers will be green and orange gerbera daisies, which I purchased all ready strung in 6ft lengths, i only got 3 lengths of each color, I may get more. I decided to do a beach ceremony for a couple reasons, but primarily because my ceremony is at 5p.m. and I was worried about the lighting in the gazebo cause some of the pics I have seen, it looks very shady under there. So then we will forego the cocktail hour and just hit the bar and dinner will be in the gazebo, I am hoping I have enough tulle to drape inside there (but if not, oh well) and I am bringing 12 lanterns, 12 votives to line the table (we are doing one long banquet table), a table runner and placemats and I have requested just 2 vases of gerbera daisies, very simple, as the "centerpieces". For music, Jacy said there is available electricity out in the gazebo and since I am trying to avoid extra costs, we are making playlists on our I-Pod and bringing our own speaker docking station to plug in out there. It has pretty powerful speakers and there are only 12 of us total so it should be fine. So thats the basics.

Well, my niece just found out that her wedding is going to be the only one on June 12th, so she's real happy. Just wanted to ask again about the idea of lining the sides of the aisle of the gazebo with palm leaves - any thoughts on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryS View Post
Well, my niece just found out that her wedding is going to be the only one on June 12th, so she's real happy. Just wanted to ask again about the idea of lining the sides of the aisle of the gazebo with palm leaves - any thoughts on that?
I like the palm leaf idea:) You could hold them down with a few shells strategically placed.
So far I am the only wedding on my day too, it would be great if it stays that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryS View Post
Does it seem like there are fewer brides at DPA or is it just that people aren't posting the DPA site here as much as on other Dreams locations?
I feel the same way. Not sure if there are fewer of us or we just dont participate as often. I check in regularly but am kind of stuck in a rut right now with my planning. I am doing my own beading(never done anything like that before) so its my #1 priority right now.
I am kind of burnt out on the planning and am having a hard time with some decisions so I am taking a little break on some stuff.

Your niece is lucky to have such a great aunt helping her!