Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

I heard back from Mr Guzman, the GM and he confirmed my date and time and that I am the ONLY wedding so far on my day. So YAY FOR GOOD NEWS! I have no idea where my fear of a mix up came from, but now I will continue to plan away and enjoy my last 3 months before the wedding!

Yay for Bianca!

It makes me want to inquire, but I think I will wait until closer to my date since it is likely to change. So fun to have your wedding be the only one!

Question:

Who is using the resort photographer and who is bringing or hiring outside the resort? I am really struggleing with this decision due to our budget, but worry I will be disapointed if I use the resort package??

I found a photographer that is already going to be down there for our date so I can save on travel costs. Has anyone heard of Story by Photo is the worlds leading Destination Wedding Photographer, husband and wife team bringing over 15yrs of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsgirl View Post
Yay for Bianca!
It makes me want to inquire, but I think I will wait until closer to my date since it is likely to change. So fun to have your wedding be the only one!

Question:
Who is using the resort photographer and who is bringing or hiring outside the resort? I am really struggleing with this decision due to our budget, but worry I will be disapointed if I use the resort package??
I found a photographer that is already going to be down there for our date so I can save on travel costs. Has anyone heard of Story by Photo is the worlds leading Destination Wedding Photographer, husband and wife team bringing over 15yrs of experience.
...weird, i just wrote in their web address and all that hsuband and wife stuff showed up in the post....I guess they have it worked out here on the site since i found them here....blush2.gif

I think I will probably end up using the resort photographer to save money, although I do wonder how much it will end up costing after all is said and done because I am sure my mom will want to order more photos than the package provides. We will probably get nickle and dimed to death.

I would like to see samples of the resort photographer's work though to help me decide. I will probably ask Jacy about that but I just haven't gotten that far in the planning process yet. (Although judging from how long it took her to get back to Bianca, I should probably start a little earlier than planned)

I think sharing travel costs for photographer is a great idea! I haven't heard anything about that specific photographer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesdinan View Post
I think I will probably end up using the resort photographer to save money, although I do wonder how much it will end up costing after all is said and done because I am sure my mom will want to order more photos than the package provides. We will probably get nickle and dimed to death.

I would like to see samples of the resort photographer's work though to help me decide. I will probably ask Jacy about that but I just haven't gotten that far in the planning process yet. (Although judging from how long it took her to get back to Bianca, I should probably start a little earlier than planned)

I think sharing travel costs for photographer is a great idea! I haven't heard anything about that specific photographer though.
Here is the Photo section from the Dreams PA wedding extras page:
"Photos & Video Services:
30 pictures and digital CD………………………………………… usd $450.00
50 pictures and digital CD………………………………………… usd $675.00
75 pictures and digital CD………………………………………… usd $900.00"

I am hoping that since we get a digital cd we can make as many copies of photos as we want without having to pay the photographer any more money. What do you girls think?
I'm probably going to go with the resort photographer plus one of my guests.

Budget:

I'm just in the planning stages but I'm starting to calculate costs:

Dreams Ultimate wedding package $2650

Golden Menu for extra 50 people $2750

5 nights in Honeymoon Marina view(for 2) $1320

Flights for 2 (estimate) $800

DJ 3 hours $570

Total $8090

Yikes we were hoping to keep it under 10K. How much are the OOT bags costing? How about the extra excursion for the guests?

I was talking with my niece last night and she said Jacy had mailed her a list of what everything was going to cost and it was very close to what she had anticipated. There is a fee in there for the wedding coordinator, however, she was wondering what sort of a tip she should give to her, as well as the servers/bartenders and people who help set up with decorations, etc. Is there a set amount that most people give? We will be bringing lots of singles to give out during the week...

forgot to mention... there was a posting on the Dreams website from Amstar that a Coco Bongo has opened up in PDC in December. DPA has an excursion there that leaves around 10:30pm - drops you off at Coco Bongo (with VIP privileges) and open bar for $60/per person. It leaves at 3 a.m. to return to DPA.