Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Thats pretty comparable to DD. Its a little less, but wouldn't include transfers. Airfare is killer. Thats the part you have to keep up on if your booking yourself. It's always changing.
Yes, I know... I use a fare tracker, like YAPTA to keep track of the risings and fallings. The TA at DE told me my fare wouldn't come down much, but AZ fare would. It started at around $650 and so far has come down to about $440. That's a big difference, especially, when you have 4 people travelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Is that per person or per couple? If its per couple thats kick ass! In Canada don't you have too book packages tho and for full weeks?

DE has not responded to my quote request yet...
no no it's per person...I wish it was per couple. Yes we book packages here, it's much cheaper than booking everything separately. So that price incl. everything. I have one guest coming from London and staying in the same room with someone who is booking a package and they paid $1200 for a shared room and the AI food of course.

Hey all this is the list I have of DPA brides... I know there are some new ones that probably aren't on here. Let me know if you notice anyone and I will get a mod to update the list on the first page! THanks!

List of DPA Brides and Wedding Dates

lyales - February 28, 2009

Reluctant Beach Bride - May 16, 2009

Bianca - May 23, 2009

adnil - June 5, 2009

AlliMay - July 14, 2009

kimmaranto - July 17, 2009

Elizabeth - November 7, 2009

emaya77 - May 7th, 2010

Hi Everyone!

My name is Andrea and my wedding is scheduled for June 9th, 2009 at DPA. While I understand that this was newly rennovated - I have found communication with Jacy quite lacking. It has been challenging for me to plan details with such a lapse between the time I send an email and the time i get a response . .. maybe some of you have had better luck . . .

anyways, I have put down my deposit for the top wedding package they offer, however I am not sure how to go about planning out the rest of the details. For example . . .

1. What are my options for where the cocktail reception can be?

2. Where is Dinner held (do i have options?)

3. I also want a reception with dancing and a DJ - where is that held?

4. They only give two times for the actual wedding ceremony yet their website says they offer sunset weddings - what time is sunset?

Jacy also said she would send me photos of the rennovations but I haven't gotten anything.

Please let me know if you have any information - it is very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Andrea :-)

Andrea Welcome! Unfortunately Jacy hasnt been the best with communication lately. I am sure with the resort opening, it wont get too much better. About the reception areas, Jacy wouldnt give me any places or anything until the resort opened. As long as I am the only one getting married on Nov 7, I am loving the lounge area. When I reserved 11/7 a long time ago the times between 3-6pm were available. What times were you given?

Hi!

I just got back from Dreams PA we had a really great time! The resort is really modern and chic...you will love it! The service is amazing, the staff does everything they can to make you happy! My only complaint was that the food was pretty bad :-( I hope that they are able to improve the quality of the food because other than that it is a great resort.... Im sure its because they have only been open for a week and they are still working things out.

Anyways....here are my pics of the property!

laurenshiohama/Puerto Aventuras - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabobride10 View Post
Hi!

I just got back from Dreams PA we had a really great time! The resort is really modern and chic...you will love it! The service is amazing, the staff does everything they can to make you happy! My only complaint was that the food was pretty bad :-( I hope that they are able to improve the quality of the food because other than that it is a great resort.... Im sure its because they have only been open for a week and they are still working things out.

Anyways....here are my pics of the property!

laurenshiohama/Puerto Aventuras - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thanks for the photos! The resort looks amazing. In the first photos it almost looked like some of the decor was hot pink and I was a little worried... I guess it was just the camera.