Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

http://animoto.com/play/mmF4LkFvKwkZGsNq3pz2iQ

Here is my link! Not sure how I messed that up! The photographer was seriously amazing & I'm so happy we went with him. 

Karen84, I did use hair and makeup in my package. They were so wonderful as well! I gave them a few pictures of hair I liked & she did exactly what I asked. It also held up well in the heat. I didn't offer any suggestions for makeup, and she just started on in, so I figured she knew what she was doing-and she did! It looked very natural, but pretty for the ceremony & it also was done well for the heat! They let all the girls come into the spa (That weren't getting their hair done there) to watch & brought us all champagne. It was a great experience. The spa was also on the bottom floor so was nice & cool while we got ready. I would highly recommend! A bonus is that it's part of the package!

Was doing some research on Adventure Photos and came across your post. I just HAD to tell you that your dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!  so beautiful. Wonderful pictures. Congrats!

I have a question for you ladies!   Did you all reserve a room block?  I am working with a travel agent, she has been fantastic so far but I recently lost my job and putting $1000.00 down to block 10 rooms seems like bad timing right now.  My travel agent said that since it is such a small resort that she is concerned about not doing the room block far in advance.

My wedding is Dec. 2015, do I have plenty of time to block the rooms?

We didn't even have the option of blocking off rooms. We had about 40 people, and rooms were located all over the place. We had asked for everyone to be on the same floor, but no luck.

We didn't even have the option of blocking off rooms. We had about 40 people, and rooms were located all over the place. We had asked for everyone to be on the same floor, but no luck.

That's odd!  I guess I don't really care if we're all super close together, I was mostly trying to save everyone money per room.  I may prefer my family not to be near me, but we'll see :)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!!!

I am booked at Dreams Puerto Aventuras for October 22, 2015!

We're coming from Canada and already have 29 people booked; with our saved the dates mailed out last week. I'm not too sure how big our party will be. But I reserved with a $500 deposit for either of the two top packages.

We loved the idea of the beach wedding; but heard the gazebo is the most private (in any resort). I also looooved the pictures of the beach reception with the hanging lantern lights.

Where did you pick?

I've barely scratched the surface on planning this wedding, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

HAPPY PLANNING!

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would chime in.  The 3G promo is book 5 rooms get the 6th room free (lowest room) but 3 free room max.  If you have more than 20 rooms they try to put you in a new promotion that allows for more free rooms but not at the same ratio as 3G.

Also, canadian suppliers have very different promotions and rates.

Did you guys book with a travel agent who dealt with sunwing? I think we are getting ripped off! We have been told that after the 16th room we get the 17th free. Everywhere I read or hear, most people get book 11 passengers and get the 12th free. Or like yours book 5 room and get the 6th free.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!!!

I am booked at Dreams Puerto Aventuras for October 22, 2015!

We're coming from Canada and already have 29 people booked; with our saved the dates mailed out last week. I'm not too sure how big our party will be. But I reserved with a $500 deposit for either of the two top packages.

We loved the idea of the beach wedding; but heard the gazebo is the most private (in any resort). I also looooved the pictures of the beach reception with the hanging lantern lights.

Where did you pick?

I've barely scratched the surface on planning this wedding, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

HAPPY PLANNING!

Hi @@acosta!  We're getting married Dec. 10, 2015!  We haven't picked the ceremony location yet as we aren't 100% sure what will be best, so we'll decide when we get there... which shouldn't be a problem since they don't do multiple ceremonies at the same time.

I can't wait to hear all about your planning!! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! Are there any new updates with anyone who has recently gotten married?  I wish this thread was more active, I'd love to hear about everyone's ideas and timeline. 

We're officially in our wedding year now, I'm not sure there are things I need to be planning since our wedding is not until December, but it feels so much more real now :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Are there any new updates with anyone who has recently gotten married?  I wish this thread was more active, I'd love to hear about everyone's ideas and timeline. 

We're officially in our wedding year now, I'm not sure there are things I need to be planning since our wedding is not until December, but it feels so much more real now :)

Hi BreMarie!

I haven't done much planning since late October as Christmas kinda took over my household :D

I am getting married at Dreams in October and my fiance and I just booked a vacation there in March for a site visit and to wrap our heads around the wedding locations, and to get a better understanding of what we can do with their offerings (and ultimately how much things will cost).

We hope this visit will help us clear some questions we have, plus we will also visit some other wedding locations (off-site) to see if it's a better fit for us.

Hi BreMarie!

I haven't done much planning since late October as Christmas kinda took over my household :D

I am getting married at Dreams in October and my fiance and I just booked a vacation there in March for a site visit and to wrap our heads around the wedding locations, and to get a better understanding of what we can do with their offerings (and ultimately how much things will cost).

We hope this visit will help us clear some questions we have, plus we will also visit some other wedding locations (off-site) to see if it's a better fit for us.

THere's a facebook group for brides in Mexico/Cancun and there's three of us at Dreams.

Just a reminder that it's against forum rules to post links to other groups on FB!

• Like 2