Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been mia... I just realized that the site is new so I have to explore it ;)

also...welcome to all the new dpa brides!!!

I just had my big engagement party so I was crazy for a couple of weeks. Now I can go back to wedding planning. I'm getting ton of compliments on my passport STD!!!

DPA have not yet debited my account for weddig deposit and I haven't heard from Jacy...

Thanks for the ideas for the guys bags...I just got 2 new 'corona' cooler bags with a purchase...I didn't even consider using them but I think they will work perfect!

I was going to make my own sashes, but I just found a lady who rents wedding linens...she sells organza sashes for $1.40ea...plus she's local so no shipping YAY!

Thanks for your help :)

Hello DPA brides!!!!  I am SO sorry that I have been MIA. So much going on this summer!  But I am back to stay!! 

I have 33 booked plus the bride and groom. :)))  Much more than we expected!

I went with the Ultimate Wedding Package.. and havn't gotten any of the details done yet! So needless to say I am overwhelmed!!!!

Glad to be back  :)))  Now I have to go back and catch up!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married at DPA November 22, 2010.  We are sooo excited!!  The resort looks beautiful and this site is so helpful! 

I have a question about reception spots.  We would like to have a private reception (35 people).  Jacy has said we can have the reception in either the banquet room or pool terrace and we have the option of renting out one of the restaurants. She emailed me picutes of the different reception options and the banquet room looks kind of dated.  For anyone that has been married there already or knows about this...what does the pool terrace look like and how private would it be? and how is the banquet room? Don't know what to choose.. Help!

Wish I could help you but I'm afraid I'm in the same boat.  Originally I wanted to have mine on the beach but have been having second thoughts.  I've heard it can be pretty windy.

The good news is that you don't have to actually decide until you get there.  Jacy told me that she will show us all the spots when we arrive and we can make our final decision after we have a chance to see it in person.  So I hope that helps put you at ease a bit.

The pool terrace is not terribly private from what I'd seen. They set you up outside the adult pool just next to Oceana seafood restaurant. The main advantage for this one is that you're outside and won't have kids running around or anything so it would hopefully at least be relatively quiet. There is an outdoor washroom nearby but it's also a 'wet' washroom that everyone from the pool uses so I'm not sure if you'd want to be in there with your dress/fancy clothes and the next washroom is a bit of a walk inside. I'm not sure if you'd be able to use your own sound out there - someone who had their reception outside would know better.

We had our reception in the banquet room and while there isn't any significant design to it at all, I wouldn't say that it was necessarily dated either. I think it all depends on how elaborate you want your decorations to be or how creative you are with them. We went fairly simplistic but it seemed to work as we had a pretty casual wedding over all. We had incredible rain and winds the day/night of our wedding and the huge windows along the one wall looking out at the ocean created all the decoration/scenery we needed! It helped as well that the room was air conditioned because with all the rain it was even more muggy out than normal so our grandparents were appreciative for the cooler air and I was *definitely* happy for the AC after getting so hot in my dress. And of course it was completely private so we didn't need to worry about other guests, kids or noise to interupt us. For sound, we just had an ipod connected to some small speakers in one corner and it was definitely enough so you really wouldn't need to worry about renting the sound system. Oh yah and we had the same number of people as you're expecting too so unless your group is REALLY rowdy then I'd say you won't need speakers. The main drawback to the banquet hall is that to get to the bathroom, you have to go outside and down the stairs. Now under regular dry circumstances it wouldn't be a big problem but in the pouring rain it can be a little slippery and our guests were all getting *quite* wet even in just that short trip. It's not totally unmanageable but definitely something to be aware of.

Did Jacy mention the lagoon area to you?? It would also be a really nice option, it's on the quiet side of the beach on the ocean front and in good weather would be really nice. The sand here is a little more packed down than the main beach so it would be good for tables and chairs and you wouldn't feel like you were getting stuck and sinking down into the sand. Again however if it's really windy or raining then it won't be ideal for you. Washrooms are a bit of a distance away again too.

Hope all that helps!!

Originally Posted by Kimberbrooke View Post

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married at DPA November 22, 2010.  We are sooo excited!!  The resort looks beautiful and this site is so helpful! 

I have a question about reception spots.  We would like to have a private reception (35 people).  Jacy has said we can have the reception in either the banquet room or pool terrace and we have the option of renting out one of the restaurants. She emailed me picutes of the different reception options and the banquet room looks kind of dated.  For anyone that has been married there already or knows about this...what does the pool terrace look like and how private would it be? and how is the banquet room? Don't know what to choose.. Help!

Tissey, I also thought the reception on the beach would be really nice but a bit iffy due to the wind. I didn't know we could wait until we get there to decide, that's great!

Thank you so much echo2_62 for the detailed info!  It has definately calmed my nerves a bit.  We're not terribly picky about it.  I think I might be over analyzing the small details..I'm sure you can all relate!  The private banquet room with A/C sounds pretty good!  Did you use the resort photographer? If you did, were you happy with your pictures?  I've been looking into other photographers in the area and the prices are outrageous!

I decided to bring my own photographer.  He's a friend and is going to do all of our pictures for free and prints at cost in exchange for us paying for his trip.  I figured this way we would get more bang for our buck.

But here is a link of a really good review with pictures from the resort photographer.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/59689/puerto-aventuras-dreams-badrianne-adrianne-s-may-15-2010-long-wedding-review

I got an email from Jacy that she will be out of the county on a personal trip over the the week of our wedding.....LOL!  Oh well, I got a very nice email from "Sandra" stating she would now be meeting of our needs including our guests needs for week!  I've arranged a few things with Jacy that I just hope she documented and passed on!  Guess Jacy take vacations too!!!