Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Ladies - new DPA bride-to-be here.. Just booked for November 23,201. Just trying to get up to speed on everything - this forum is so awesome! So many ideas and questions on here that i never even thought of!

Does anyone know what the weather is like in late November? How often could it rain/is it very windy at this time of year?

I don't frequent this site too often anymore, but was wondering a few things that you trusty gals may be able to answer for me.

What's the ground like between the hotel and gazebo? Loose sand? Packed sand? Something else? It seems like maybe someone once said that it's packed. Maybe used for volleyball or something? Jen2011, since you were just there, maybe you could help me?

I ask about the ground because I'm trying to decide if I want to wear a heel at all...what are you guys doing (and are you, also, using the gazebo)? I've been searching high and low for nicer, fancier looking wedges since that might solve the problem, but they seem to be difficult to find.

We've been dreaming about chartering a boat for our reception, instead of using the hotel's services. Are we the only ones doing this? If there is someone else out there doing this, may I ask for company suggestions? I'm guessing that we should probably get on top of this soon. Time just seems to be soaring!

Still looking for an affordable photographer...any help in this area would be greatly appreciated too! Trying to stay around $700 if possible. From what I've learned in my research so far, I may be seriously dreaming! What's a more reasonable price, in your opinion?

Thanks for any help you can offer an any of these areas! It seems like it's time to start getting these things sorted out. pinkie.gif

The sand by the gazebo is packed and it is where people play volleyball. Jacy said that you can set up a red carpet for that part of the walk to the gazebo if you wish. I'm wearing flip flops so I think that I am going to skip the red carpet bc I am ordering a cute aisle runner with our names and date for the gazebo. I don't think the two would look good together at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie View Post
Still looking for an affordable photographer...any help in this area would be greatly appreciated too! Trying to stay around $700 if possible. From what I've learned in my research so far, I may be seriously dreaming! What's a more reasonable price, in your opinion?
I booked Octavio Montes. He is very reasonably priced and gives quick responses as well. His site is Mayan Riviera Wedding Photographer

Hello everyone...I am planning o get married at Dreams PA in early June 2011. Still can't pick a date. I agree about Octavio, I really like Ivan Luckie but he is a little higher than I want to go. Octavio takes good pic's and is really reasonable. I was also thinking of doing a boat charter since the marina is right there. I did contact Fat Cat Catamaran's. They have a 41 ft catamaran and wanted $1500 for 14 people. I was hoping for a bigger boat though. I emailed Jacy to ask if she could recommend any other companies so we will see what she says. Congrats everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarson View Post
Hello everyone...I am planning o get married at Dreams PA in early June 2011. Still can't pick a date. I agree about Octavio, I really like Ivan Luckie but he is a little higher than I want to go. Octavio takes good pic's and is really reasonable. I was also thinking of doing a boat charter since the marina is right there. I did contact Fat Cat Catamaran's. They have a 41 ft catamaran and wanted $1500 for 14 people. I was hoping for a bigger boat though. I emailed Jacy to ask if she could recommend any other companies so we will see what she says. Congrats everyone!!
There is a company called Paradise Catamarans. Contact is a man named Mark who was very nice to deal with. Not sure if they have a boat bigger than 41ft. Trying very hard to make a sunset cruise happen for my group just not sure we can fit it in but the price is very reasonable......$800 for 2hrs up to 40 people, I have a couple more than that but he said fine. Can add snacks and an open bar option too! Docked right across from Dreams PA.
Can anyone tell Jenn how to post pics, would love to see some pictures of the pool terrace! Jacy has been working on sending them for a couple months now.......LOL!

Thanks Mexico102. That is a much better price. I was also wondering about party boats...have you seen any of those?

@Jenn-you can post pics by hitting the paper clip on the message screen. That should do it. I had problems at first also.

How quick is Jacy to email back? I was dealing with the WC at Dreams PV and got an email back the same day.

I haven't got into that search yet but I'm thinking of it. I'm still mulling over the sunset cruise because it is really a great activity for all ages. Timing isn't working out. I don't want to book up all the days for my guests. I'm still really trying to come up with something fun for all ages.....any suggestions, girls??

On average Jacy answers an email within a week or so. My frustration is she doesn't always answer all of my questions. I just rephrase them and she responds in that general time frame....LOL!

To put pics in I had to upload them to an online source. I use picassa, but you can use photobucket or anything like that. Then right click on the pic and click "copy image location". When you are writing a post click on the mountain icon and paste the "image location" in. I had problems with it before bc I was trying to put pictures in that were on my computer, but since I've been putting anything I want to post into my piccasa account it's worked just fine. I'm not sure why it's like that, but that's what works for me.