Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

What is everyone doing for center pieces? Are you bringing your own with you, renting them there, or just paying for DPA to do it all?

I like these hurricane vases with shells and candles but I'm not sure if its worth bringing that much with me. What do you guys think?

Click the image to open in full size.

For our centrepieces we brought a little bit of stuff with us, and to my surprise Jacy supplied some of their own things for us to use as well! I didn't bring my own vases but we did bring that floral jelly (which you just add water to) and water-submersible lights, that are smaller than tea lights even, in purple which makes the jelly glow as well. I had just asked Jacy to use whatever vases she had and not only did she put out little glasses, she used large vases with sand and starfish on some of the tables too. I think it was partly just to fill void space because some of the tables were quite large and would have been a little bare otherwise.

We also had little umbrellas (about the size that you use in drinks) with everyone's name on them in a sand-filled tea light holder as place cards. Finally, we had the typical sashes on our chairs that I had brought with us as well. I had enough that we could have used them as table runners as well, but I wasn't too concerned that we didn't use them either. Oh yah and I had bought purple string lights at halloween of all times and we had those around the windows which gave the room a cool but eerie glow considering the crazy super stormy weather we had.

The best part about the few decorations we did have was that they all packed/traveled really easily and small too! The lights were the largest size as you can imagine because of the boxes they were in (and we had six) but even those were only each 8"x4"x3" maybe?!

Anyways, I think in the end it all just depends on how much you're willing to carry down there and what Jacy is able to supply for you. If you're not picky about the vases you use, it might even work out that she can supply those and you bring your starfish so then you're not worrying about the glass breaking in travel.

I was thinking of getting some paper lanters too! Just not sure if they could hang them. Not sure where reception is going to be so maybe I'll forget it. Unless anyone has any suggestions? Echo I like that light idea......wow heads up at halloween!!!

Hi Everyone!

I guess I am your newest addition! My fiance and I are getting married at DPA June 9th 2011! I'm so excited to start putting together the little details!

Colours: Orange and Pink

Anyway, I`m so excited to have found this site and gain insight from everyone here!

Natasha

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics