Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Girls! I've been around this thread and forum for awhile, but haven't posted in a long time. My fiance and I are getting married at PA on November 6, 2010. I've been trying to get some info from Jacy about the resort photographer pricing. Maybe one of you can help me out?

We're doing the free package, but I don't understand how the pricing works for the resort photographer. The paperwork that I have says the cost is this:

25 pictures + CD = $460

36 + CD = 600

50 + CD = 690

70 + CD = 840

So what I don't understand is if I pay for the 25 pictures, for $460 all I get is 25 printed (touch-up?) pics and a CD with JUST those 25 pictures? Or do I get 25 prints PLUS all the other pics on a CD? I'm a little nervous about this...Does anyone know about this? I've been searching through the thread, but all I've seen is couples using outside photographers, or the resort photography as part of an included package.

Thanks girls!

Oscar Ernie,

The photographer and assistants will take a bunch of pictures and then you get to pick your favorite 25 shots (if you pay for the $25). You can either have them made into 25 prints or you can have a cd with the 25 images so you can get whatever size prints you want.

Mexico102,

I had 3 weddings on my day (which is unusual). I would email your wedding coordinator your 1st choice and then 2nd in case of rain. It's first come first serve. If it rains I'm sure they will take care of you. They'll probably put one of you in that nights closed restaurants. Also they can split the room above portofina into two rooms if your groups are small enough (around 30).

badrianne Re: Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oscar Ernie,

The photographer and assistants will take a bunch of pictures and then you get to pick your favorite 25 shots (if you pay for the $25). You can either have them made into 25 prints or you can have a cd with the 25 images so you can get whatever size prints you want.

Okay, so that's outrageous! But thanks for the clarification.

So can anyone give me actual prices you paid and numbers of photos that you got for your wedding (resort photog or otherwise). It just seems SO expensive to hire an outside vendor once you factor in the additional fees. We're looking for simplicity in this whole destination wedding thing, not lots of details to figure out. But I want more than 70 pictures, and we definitely can't afford more than $600-700. Is this completely unrealistic? I do want decent pictures...This totally has me stressed now. frown.gif

Yup, that's expensive. I looked at the prices and decided I would get more for my money by bringing my own photographer. He's a friend of mine so he agreed to do all of our pics for free if we payed for his trip and let him use the pics as samples. He's trip is $750, which is about how much 30 pictures at the resort would have cost us and I know we'll get a lot more out it.

Maybe you can find someone to do the same for you.

I'm working on my invites now and could use some feedback.

Here's what I have:

Blank and Blank (parents)

Request the pleasure of your company

At the beachside marriage of their daughter

ME

to

FI

On Friday, the third of September

Two thousand and ten

At five o'clock in the afternoon

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa,

Quintana Roo, Mexico

Sunset reception to follow

Should I say Puerto Aventures, Mexico of the second to last line instead or leave it as I have it? I'm confused on the whole town, state, country thing.

Hi Tussey! I wanted to let you know that I wore the Martinez Valero Corrine high heels for my wedding. They were perfectly fine walking in the sand! You shouldn't have a problem at all wearing heels. My husband was right by my side when I walked through the sand throughout the evening!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrianne View Post
Oscar Ernie,

Mexico102,
I had 3 weddings on my day (which is unusual). I would email your wedding coordinator your 1st choice and then 2nd in case of rain. It's first come first serve. If it rains I'm sure they will take care of you. They'll probably put one of you in that nights closed restaurants. Also they can split the room above portofina into two rooms if your groups are small enough (around 30).
3 weddings? I though they guarenteed max of 2 per day? The probable is that the pictures she sent me of the various sites were not very good. I'm still waiting for a picture of the pool terrace (which she said she was working on last month.) So I really don't know what a want....I wish I did a site visit. Does anyone have any comments on the pool terrace area? Is the "ballroom" the room above portofino?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissey View Post
I'm working on my invites now and could use some feedback.
Here's what I have:

Blank and Blank (parents)
Request the pleasure of your company
At the beachside marriage of their daughter
ME
to
FI
On Friday, the third of September
Two thousand and ten
At five o'clock in the afternoon
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa,
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Sunset reception to follow

Should I say Puerto Aventures, Mexico of the second to last line instead or leave it as I have it? I'm confused on the whole town, state, country thing.
I think that Quintana Roo is the state. Maybe us Mayan Riviera, Mexico?