Photo

Diva Cup / Instead Cup - tampon / pad alternative

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

Ha ha...yes, it would easier on the wallet.  But I mean, Dalton McGuinty did us a huge favour and didn't apply HST to our feminine hygiene projects...lmao :)

Hmm...might look into it again.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by lesee 

It takes a bit to get used to but once you get the hang of placement I think it is. There are a number of reasons why I like it but the top 3 - better for me, better for the environment and better on the wallet - you're not constantly buying tampons!

#142 philanab

philanab
    • 178 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

I bought Instead a couple of years ago and gave it a shot then. I didn't like it at all. After reading this thread I may give it another go. It works OK for periods that are quite light?

#143 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
      • 201 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
      • LocationEdmonton

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

This is honestly the best thing I've ever done!!!! I bought mine 5 years ago and haven't looked back. It's great for light periods, heavy periods, helped with cramps, and you don't have to mess with it more than twice a day! I get up in the morning and wash it, then wash it before bed...it really doesn't get any easier than that. Plus I feel so much better that I'm not creating any waste with all the packaging that pads and tampons come in....so environmentally friendly!!!!

#144 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
      • 160 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

First I have heard of this. Sounds very strange but intriguing. Not sure if I would trust it. Would love to hear more reviews though :)

#145 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
        • 201 posts
        • LocationEdmonton

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

First I have heard of this. Sounds very strange but intriguing. Not sure if I would trust it. Would love to hear more reviews though :)

What's not to trust!? Tampons are brutal and pads are worse lol. http://lunapads.com/diva-cup.html check out the website. I bought mine years ago and would NEVER go back. There are hundreds of reviews on the divacup website. Seriously the best thing I have ever done :)

#146 StephLB

StephLB
        • 171 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by philanab 

I bought Instead a couple of years ago and gave it a shot then. I didn't like it at all. After reading this thread I may give it another go. It works OK for periods that are quite light?

The instead is somewhat different than the Diva

I use a different brand of cup, but it's by far the best thing I've ever done.

#147 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
          • 174 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by julienelson0713 

This is honestly the best thing I've ever done!!!! I bought mine 5 years ago and haven't looked back. It's great for light periods, heavy periods, helped with cramps, and you don't have to mess with it more than twice a day! I get up in the morning and wash it, then wash it before bed...it really doesn't get any easier than that. Plus I feel so much better that I'm not creating any waste with all the packaging that pads and tampons come in....so environmentally friendly!!!!

I want to try this so bad for over a year now.

#148 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
            • 201 posts
            • LocationEdmonton

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by MsFaszion 

I want to try this so bad for over a year now.

Do it! Use the promo code LUNANEWS when you buy it online from http://lunapads.com/diva-cup.html for $5 off! Or they now sell them at London Drugs and basically any health store :) I did it as an 'experiment' for a paper I was writing and was like, HOW have I not heard of this?! Changed my life.

#149 traylynn

traylynn
            • 154 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I still can't figure out how to insert. I bought a box and 6 of my co-workers looked at the box for hours discussing how to insert it

#150 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
              • 201 posts
              • LocationEdmonton

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by traylynn 

I still can't figure out how to insert. I bought a box and 6 of my co-workers looked at the box for hours discussing how to insert it

http://divacup.com/how-it-works/how-it-works/   This is the how-to page. There are also lots of videos on youtube :) It's WELL worth the learning curve :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users