Sign in to follow this  
boscobel

Diva Cup / Instead Cup - tampon / pad alternative

Yeah, I'm good with the Diva cup, I used that for 2 days too.  I think I do like it more then the instead, but I can't figure out how to remove the instead cup w/o making a mess.

The instead is a little trickier. Try bearing down before you take it. It will cause the "seal" to break and should empty by itself. Then pull it out. Another way is to carry disposable gloves with you. Put the glove on, pull it out then empty it. Then squeeze it together like you're putting in, pull the glove from the wrist down and pull the instead cup inside the glove to throw away. Presto, no mess! Hope one of those will help you!

Originally Posted by Susan'n'Dean View Post

Hmmm i think it might only be an american thing, doesnt look as though they ship to the UK, maybe why i havent heard of them :-( You get all the good things in America, not fair! lol

Def. not just American thing. Try the moon cup. I believe its in the UK.

I shall have a look tomorrow and see whats about then. Better not do it now as i am at work on a nite shift, and it might not look too great if that was to come up in the history of the works computer lol

I love my diva cup but now that im on nuva ring they clash...once my period begins its time to put the ring back in and then the cup doesn't work with it. :-(

however my period is much lighter so just using a liner is fine.

I ordered the moon cup and it arrived today. I will let you know how i get on with it! Fingers crossed its easy, To me it looks quite big to just push up there, it may prove me wrong though!!!!

Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post

Def. not just American thing. Try the moon cup. I believe its in the UK.

Ok i have it in place this morning. Its true that its easier to insert the mooncup when you rinse it under water. I cannot feel it, it just feels warm down there. Lets just see if it leaks!!! I have a 10 hour flight to Jamaica on Tuesday, dare i use it then???? lol