Diva Cup / Instead Cup - tampon / pad alternative

boscobel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginalynn View Post
OK...I have to admit that I don't think a post on this forum has made me do so much searching and research OUTSIDE of the forum. I would actually be interested in trying it, mostly because I think pads and tampons are GROSS and smelly, and because my periods are very irregular in terms of flow so I feel like I am constantly running to the bathroom to make sure everything down there is still ok (sorry, that was kind of gross, wasn't it). Is this a Canada thing? I have never seen them in Michigan...anywhere. I live really close to Canada (I can actually see Canada from across the river where I live) and could drive there in about 20 or so minutes. Where do you buy one of these things?
I bought mine at a health food store. If you go to Diva cup's site you can search for a place to buy it or you can order it online and they will ship it to you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FI was sitting next to me and listened as I read post, and all he could say was..mmpffhmm..LOL. So, I check out the site, and maybe it's the bottle of wine I had to drink tonight because it's the 2nd day I had to bring my daughter to work with me and she has been acting like a damn fool in front of patients yelling..I see a rat!..I digress. So, back to the point, it's really hard to see what the product looks like. Then, I feel old as ish when I see that I need size 2! I've had a kid vaginally and I'm over 30! Ok, so next I think back to my Instead cup days. I liked Instead, though it's not for those not in touch with themselves...heh..

My FI remembers the item because he would feel the item during active moments. I mean, they did say even during intercourse you could use the product. Diva says you can use through extreme sports, but how extreme is extreme and would the other participant feel this item? I'm so sorry for the TMI, but the guys can feel it. Would I have the issue of having a hard time retrieving object after extreme "sports", because I recall several times of thinking I was going to have to go to the hospital to have it removed like my cousin had to after a sponge mishap. Is it ok to have that area sealed for 12 hours? I am going to follow this thread because I do so hate the tampon for the smell, and the pad just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
I had never heard of this Diva Cup... what a creative name... it should come with lipstick or something... lol
Ok, so it's the wine...you just made me lmao! The coordinating lipstick shade should be Divina...which is divine...which is my name! I love it!smile120.gif

I don't think you can use the Diva cup during sex if that is what you're meaning. It sits too low for that. I do know someone who puts theirs in after sex to catch "Stuff". Yikes! But for the diva cup mine sits too low to ever have it in.

Funny you say it should come with lipstick. It does come with a cute little bag and pin that says Diva and have flowers. Haha...I asked DH...Am I suppose to wear the pin? Haha.

It just sounds so flashy or something... like wouldn't you think they would call it something period related? I guess it is for marketing... they should call Midol like "Magestic Meds" haha... I guess.... and Devina's post stating that during intercourse a guy can feel the "Diva from within"(lol) reminds me of a time my brother began dating a girl, and he told me they were making out and he felt a sticker on her back and went to peel it off, and it was the birth control patch! LOL... I guess teenage guys are clueless...

On another note, this seems like a great alternative because a lot of women are not in to tampons and pads...not that I love them either... and it is environmentally friendly too...

So completely random, but what did women do back in the day before the invention of tampons or pads? Before women had a say in anything?

Okay...I just read this whole thread and OMG!!! I can't stop laughing! You gals are funny...we have video and everything!

I hadn't heard of the diva cup...but back in the day when instead came out I tried that so that i could have sex...I was paranoid that it would get stuck up there!

I think I am okay with my tampons...I have no problems with them. I never feel them and I shouldn't admit this...but I often forget and am too lazy to change it...since I am a light flower (due to the pill) it doesn't fill up fast and I will put one in in the morning before I leave for work and not change it till I get home!!! :0 That's tmi I know.

Very interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post

On another note, this seems like a great alternative because a lot of women are not in to tampons and pads...not that I love them either... and it is environmentally friendly too...
So completely random, but what did women do back in the day before the invention of tampons or pads? Before women had a say in anything?
They used cloth rags. Cut into strips usually. They would wash and reuse them. They also used moss, grass or sea sponges. Or nothing at all! But its where the term "on the rag" comes from.

Thanks Calia! Good to know! I did know about them using rags... but that had to be so annoying...sea sponges? that's crazy, but I guess was effective...I am just glad we don't have to wear those harnesses like my mom did as a teen... or like they had in "Are you there God? It's me Margaret"... I think thats's the name of the book lol