Paradisus Punta Cana Bride needs help and advice

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some help from you. My FI and I are having a really small wedding in Punta Cana. My mom has reserved her timeshare and we got the week of June 6, 2009, reserved. We will be staying in a studio. We will be saving a lot of $$$, but I was wondering if these are nice, close to the beach, or where are they as far as the resort is concerned. I don't know if we'd be able to upgrade to ??. I know that we would have to pay the inclusive meal plan, which is not part of the timeshare, which we are okay with. Any advice which greatly be appreciated. My second dilemma is that she has a "search" going for her and my family to try to get into the Palma Real, with her other timeshare. She hasn't got that reservation, yet, but it will more likely happen, but we don't know when it will. It can be tomorrow, or 6 months from now. I know, or I think I know the Palma Real would be a nicer place to have the wedding, but I feel that I would be taking a chance waiting for that one to come up. I don't know if I should wait for the PR to come up, or just start planning everything with Paradisus, since it's a sure thing. What do you PR and PPC brides think? Sorry for the long post. Just want make the right decision so I thought you gals could help.

I would just stay with the PPC. I'm a PPR bride but i felt that when we were looking at resorts they were both very comparable. I think the PPC is more of a laidback party (not party hard) kind of resort and PPR is more reserved. KWIM? If i were you i would pm tami (foxytv) she had her wedding at PPC and honeymooned at PPR. Maybe you could wait a month to see if the PR goes through but i wouldn't sit around waiting 6 months for it.

So are all of your guests able to stay in the timeshare or will some have to book rooms at the resorts?

Thanks for your response. I'm swaying to just leave it the way it is, too. I'm more likely just going to go with it. My mom's trying to book a 1 bedroom which sleeps, I believe 6?? I, as of yet, don't know who is going. I have not sent STD's or anything. Family would be staying at the resort. There probably won't be more than 10 of us. It's really small. I will PM Foxy thanks.

I stayed at the PPC from July 2 till the 11th and had my wedding there on the 4th - it was great. There were 25 of us and I stayed in the Royal Service section. The reserve section rooms are nicer (I would say more modern style) but yes they are not right on the beach and the section is especially quiet, I guess its all preference - but it is only a 3 minute trip on the trolly to get to the beach and other areas. I had my wedding dinner in one of the reserve restaurants. Once you hook up through email with the Wedding Coordinator she will guide you if you want to upgrade anything - Her name is Miguellina and she is great with pre-arranged requests

(thats one great advantage we brides had is having someone work for us before we even get there!)

One of our guests stayed at the Palma Real and I saw the outside of it and it was pretty but my guest also told me that the PPC had a more carribean feel to it.

You can see my review on this forum and on trip advisory - trip advisory has some photos and I will send you personal photos if you wish.

Congratulations and Happy Planning! Try not to stress out especially so early in the game - its a beautiful island and resort and will work out just the way its suppose to - You are already made the best decision by going to this resort and I am sure myself the girls on this forum that will practically walk you through the whole thing. There are three of us regular here - Foxy, Otis and myself and we all had different kinds of weddings at the same PPC resort and I dont think not one of us has a bad thing to say about this place.

I just responded to your PM but totally agree with what RZurla said above. The Reserve section of PPC is more comparable to what you will experience at PPR ... so that is an option for guests who want more luxury and less Caribbean feel.

Anyway, check out my PM response, it's pretty lengthy, and hopefully that will help! :-) Let me know, I'm happy to answer any other questions!

Congratulations! You definately made the right decision - your wedding and your vacation is going to be great. Any questions or tips or photos - I am here for you as well.

One thing I must suggest though is the Private Boat for the day after your wedding - its definately a must! You wont regret it.

Happy Planning!