Photo

Flat Irons / Hair Straighteners

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 sarafish81

sarafish81
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good quality flat iron that won't destroy my hair. I currently have one that I believe is a ceramic straightener, however, my hair never seems to get as silky smooth as when my hairdresser does it (and I bought it for cheap at Winners). I keep seeing "chi" ones everywhere. Any thoughts?

#52 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

CHI or BabyLiss. I love CHI but currently have a BabyLiss that I got a few years ago on eBay that works great as well. Both of those brands are recommended by my hair stylist.

#53 JOSIE

JOSIE
      • 1,792 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

I have a CHI and I could not live without it!!!!!!!! It's amazing, and I've had it for 4 years, and it still works like it's brand new!!!
        CHI Ceramic Flat Iron (Original 1" CHI), GF1001, Free Shipping

#54 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

Chi are by far the best in my opinion. My friend got a Fhi, a knock off Chi, when she lost hers and didn't want to pay the much again and says it works just as well though.
          I bet the product your put in your hair before you/your stylist straighten it helps out a lot too if you want that silky feel.

#55 sarafish81

sarafish81
          • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

Awesome - thanks for all the suggestions ladies!! Guess it's time to go shopping

#56 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

Chi for sure!!

#57 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

CHI 100%! I would die without my Chi. My hair is really difficult in humidity etc and the CHI is the only thing that's ever worked! Chi chi chi!

#58 jetsbride

jetsbride
                • 794 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

I have a CHI, its amazing, I highly reccomend it!

#59 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
                  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

I agree Chi is by far the best one I've used. I've been using Chi for 6 years now. I don't recommend getting it on ebay though - because they generally won't honor the one year warranty if you don't buy it in some type of salon.

#60 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mylee84
                      Hi girls! So here is my problem... I have thick, frizzy, curly in the back hair! I always wear it straight (as it dries that way when i blow dry it). Anyways I know when i get to Mexico it will be a complete mess on my wedding day. Do you all have a suggestion on any shampoo that helps in the humidity. Thanks so much!! =)
                      I have a post about the Keratin straightening I got in April. It was the best money I spent. I was not capable of blow drying my hair straight before, and now I can do it in 15 minutes and I barely need the straightening iron (which is a CHI ceramic btw).

If you're going to wear your hair curly, Ouidad is a great shampoo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users