• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

I always recommend biosilk, it is great for frizz, and it's light enough not to way your hair down. Also, make sure you are using a good shampoo and conditioner, like Nexxus Therappe and Humectress, it will calm your hair down :)

#42 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Great post! I have naturally curly hair but I always starighten it. When I was in Mexico last year it was a mess and I was forced to keep it curly all week...but I really want it straight for my wedding day! I can't wait to see what other recommendations anyone has...Thanks for posting! :)

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#43 bride2b08

bride2b08
      • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

oh.. i have the same problem... just yesterday my hairstylist introduced me to this amazing moroccan oil.. its fabulous.. I wonder if it would work in mexico?? I ordered it off amazon.. for much cheaper.. its normally 40$ and I got it for 22$. it made my hair so smooth and soft.. Its really thick, but dont worry it doesnt make your hair oily at all.

#44 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have naturally curly hair, but find that in the heat, it normally calms down....never been to mexico so don't know if its going to react that way there!lol I do want my hair curly on my wedding day...not frizzy tho!

Any advice from previous brides would be appreciated!

#45 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
          • 238 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

There is whole process to keep hair straight. I will recommend you to use Rusk shampoo, conditioner for flat iron and then special spray while straightening. (Rusk for flat iron, yellow products). Spray is really strong and is covering your hair with the soy protection layer. I don't recommend biosilk - to much of softening factor. Product has to cover your hair, keep it dry (not oily) and protect from humidity to enter. If you won't find Rusk products, try Chi or other marks.

:)

#46 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
            • 415 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bride2b08
              oh.. i have the same problem... just yesterday my hairstylist introduced me to this amazing moroccan oil.. its fabulous.. I wonder if it would work in mexico?? I ordered it off amazon.. for much cheaper.. its normally 40$ and I got it for 22$. it made my hair so smooth and soft.. Its really thick, but dont worry it doesnt make your hair oily at all.
              I've heard of moroccan oil. It suppose to be really good. I had no idea that Amazon sold it for cheap. I'm going to check it out :) Thanks

#47 nicollem

nicollem
              • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

I have a suggestion, but its a little more permanent.
                I have crazy curly hair thats really coarse, and last time I went to mexico it was a complete nightmare.
                Im going to get the Japanese hair straightening.
                I've done it before and it's amazing for me!
                I'm going to do it before I go for my wedding.

But if anyone considers it.. I've had a couple of different systems that i've tried and only One was good
                I wish I could give you the actual brands that I've tried. I only know that one was a japanese system, and one was an italian system.. and the japanese one was far more amazing.

#48 ylopez87

ylopez87
                • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

MY HAIR IS NATURALLY CURLY AND GETS EXTREMELY FRIZZY IN HUMIDITY BUT FOR SOME REASON IN MEXICO IT NEVER DOES. I HAVE BEEN TO MEXICO PLENTY TIMES SINCE I HAVE FAMILY THERE AND I HAVE BEEN OK BUT TRY USING GARNIER FRUCTIS SLICK AND SHINE CREAM... IT MAKES MY HAIR SMOOTH AND FRIZZ FREE

#49 ACA Amy

ACA Amy
                  • 88 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

What a great post!!! I have the same problem. I am going to Mexico in a couple of weeks to finalize some wedding plans and I am going to have to try some of these suggestions out! I'll let you all know what happens!

#50 Mylee84

Mylee84
                    • 287 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ACA Amy
                      What a great post!!! I have the same problem. I am going to Mexico in a couple of weeks to finalize some wedding plans and I am going to have to try some of these suggestions out! I'll let you all know what happens!
                      Amy, I cant wait to see how your hair holds up in mexico!! thanks =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users