Photo

Flat Irons / Hair Straighteners

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#11 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

I have a HAI flat iron and I love it. I've been using it for the past 3 years and it just keeps on getting better.

hai flat iron on Folica.com, the Web's Most Popular Beauty Store

#12 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
    • VIP Member
    • 3,405 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:12 PM

I have a CHI, but I almost bought a GHD (Good hair day) which was totally amazing, but even more expensive than a CHI. They run around 200.00 from Sephora or a high end salon.

#13 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Damn, CHI's are less than $200? I think that's what I paid...crap.

Just a warning also - my CHI did NOT work in Europe, even with the proper outlet tool thing. My friend brought hers, I think it might have been a GHD (she's from Australia and got it there) and hers worked fine. So if you do a lot of travelling you might want to look into the GHD one instead. My CHI worked fine in Cabo though.

#14 lenka14

lenka14
        • 151 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

Definitely CHI. I used to work at a hair salon, and tried every possible frat iron. CHI is by far the best!!! I can't go a day w/o it. Best $$ you'll ever spend!

Btw...my CHI worked in Europe w/just a regular converter (didn't work with the proper kind). It got a little hotter than normal there though.

#15 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to try a regular converter next time (as if I go to Europe all the time or something)

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Thanks so much -this is great info - you guys are the best :)

#17 angela1184

angela1184
              • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hands down ceramic FOR SURE....its so much better for your hair, heats up in 1/2 the time and adds a shine you wouldnt get from a regular one.

i use one by Rusk and its FABULOUS
                Rusk Flat Iron & Dryer Set - Limited Time Offer at Misikko - FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING

#18 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

My cousin uses a proper steam iron on with a tea towel over her hair first lol i swear i'm not joking lol I only know GHD

#19 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:42 PM

I am so glad this came up! I was going to post this the other day but forgot. I have a Chi that I love.

BUT...The other day I used my mom's Conair Infiniti and I LOVED it. I have super thin hair and it really grabs it and straightens it. My mom has thick hair and loves it too. I am thinking about buying one and using it instead of my Chi. The infiniti has different widths, my mom has the 1/2 inch.

#20 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                    • Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:42 PM

I worked in a salon for 4 years and would definetely tell you to go with ceramic. Infrashine is a GREAT one, and I believe they come with a warranty, but am not 100% sure. I have had mine for 4 years, and love it! Here's the link ( I noticed they're out of stock, but I'm sure you can find somewhere else if this is the one you choose.) Google Image Result for http://www.folica.com/images/products/3379-A8594_s.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users