Photo

EM-Vallarta?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kathie

Kathie
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone worked with Carolyn Songin or another coordinator from from EM-Vallarta? If you have I'd be interested to hear your experience. Thanks.
    Kathie

#2 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
    • Banned
    • 494 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

Kathie-

I spoke to Carolyn early on in the process and she was very helpful and provided me with lots of guidance. In the end after reviewing a proposal from EM-Vallarta and Dazzling Details, I decided to go with Dazzling Details for a few reasons. 1. The catering was a better price with DD 2. with DD we were able to provide the alcohol which save a lot of money 3. when i spoke to Kristin with DD we really clicked and I enjoyed talking to her about my wedding

When I was in PV I met Zac who owns EM-Vallarta and he seemed like a good guy, though I only met him for awhile.

Kristin was amazing. She is extremely helpful, honest and is very talented. I wanted someone who would do most of the planning and decor with little to no guidance from me. I wanted to focus on the extra events we would be doing with our guests and I also wanted the weddign day to be a surprise to even me.

So it will come down to what is important. Again I believe EM does a great job but overall it will come down to cost and who you like working most wiht.

#3 Kathie

Kathie
      • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Kathy. I also read some negative stuff about EM Vallarta as far as price goes. I have a couple more names that I'm going to try. I haven't written to DD yet. Do you mind telling me how many people are you having and what is their fee?

#4 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
        • Banned
        • 494 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

No problem. Again I though EM was very nice, but I really clicked with Dazzling Details and I also want my wedding to be different than a regular wedding with white covered chairs and white table clothes. I wanted me guest to be WOWed and that was important place to spend our money.

We are having approx. 80 guests. Kristin's actual fee was more than EM - Vallarta's but less than anyone elses. Again her over all prices of catering and everything else was less though.

#5 Kathie

Kathie
          • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

That's good to know. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users