What have I learned from planning a destination wedding?
Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:40 PM
Well so happy it got bumped cause there were lots of great tips!
Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:19 AM
Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:30 PM
Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:13 PM
* Do what you and FI want
* Don't take on so many DIY now that we are starting to pack it all up I keep thinking do I need this??
* No need for a bridal party the cost is high and at a DW it is not really needed, just good for picts but I found it to be one of the biggest hassels
* I learned who truly cares for us and you can't please everyone
* Relax in the end I will marry the man of my dreams
Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:40 PM
1. Less is more when you are in a beautiful surrounding
2. Don't be suprised when people that you least expect let you down
3. Doesn't seem like it in the begining, but not having a wedding party is smart and cheaper. Or pick one.
4. Your wedding coordinator makes the wedding
5. Remember it is about you and you FI above all
6. Budget realistically
Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:49 PM
Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:14 PM
I have never read a more true thought! Almost 3 months after my wedding I still think about that part everyday. Some relationships were changed forever over our wedding.
Also agree with the less is more.