Photo

What have I learned from planning a destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#91 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for sharing!

#92 LoriGran

LoriGran
    • 339 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
    • LocationMexico

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Wow great thread!! I read about the first 30 responses and was feeling inspired already! I am the most indesive person who always seeks the opinion of others (mostly my sister) rather than just worrying about my own and my FI. I'm still at the early stages of planning and have learned so much on this forum! Thanks everyone!!

#93 karyc

karyc
    • 166 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

yeah that is a good thread! thanks!

#94 kard613

kard613
      • 225 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Lots of great info in this thread.

#95 mrs p 2 be

mrs p 2 be
        • 103 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

I love this thread I recently posted a thread about how I wasnt enjoying planning my wedding and feeling like I was the only bride to feel that way, after finding this thread I know now im not alone Im 14 months away from my wedding but have already experienced many of the things so many have posted mainly about family letting you down I practically had to beg my parents to come!! 

My FI is amazing and is amazing at calming me when I get stressed reminding me that thios is about us and our marriage 

#96 gresley

gresley
          • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for sharing :D

#97 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
            • 270 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

I learned that even though I went with a destination wedding because it was cheaper and less stressful, it is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. 

#98 pzl101

pzl101
              • 281 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

a lot of great info and advice. thanks for sharing

#99 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                • 593 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

This thread is awesomesauce. I wish I saw it BEFORE my wedding because it would have been a great source of comfort. I probably don't have anything new to add but I found myself shaking my head yes and reading a few of these things aloud to my spanking new husband. Here's what I learned:

* People are selfish- friends and family included- and they will complain REGARDLESS of what you do- so don't appease them. 

* PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN- with friends and family, vendors, wedding coordinators.

* Find your non-negotiables and spend your money there. We paid top dollar for our photog but our pictures will last a lifetime. We spent virtually nothing on decorations and you know what- no one missed them and no one cared.

* Let go and breathe- you will have a miserable time if you try to control everything. Accept that something will go wrong, and when it does, you'll realize its not a big deal. A few things went wrong- my mom fretted it and the day of- I said "mom, I don't care" and my day was amazing.

*Hire the videographer- my husband was against it and fought me and we have already seen our video 5 times since we got back (just a few days ago.) You'll want to see the moments you might have missed. 

* Communication is tough at times. Keep track of every correspondence. I made a separate email account exclusively for the wedding. 

* Don't waste time eating- DANCE the night away.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#100 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
                  • 270 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

This thread is awesomesauce. I wish I saw it BEFORE my wedding because it would have been a great source of comfort. I probably don't have anything new to add but I found myself shaking my head yes and reading a few of these things aloud to my spanking new husband. Here's what I learned:

* People are selfish- friends and family included- and they will complain REGARDLESS of what you do- so don't appease them. 

* PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN- with friends and family, vendors, wedding coordinators.

* Find your non-negotiables and spend your money there. We paid top dollar for our photog but our pictures will last a lifetime. We spent virtually nothing on decorations and you know what- no one missed them and no one cared.

* Let go and breathe- you will have a miserable time if you try to control everything. Accept that something will go wrong, and when it does, you'll realize its not a big deal. A few things went wrong- my mom fretted it and the day of- I said "mom, I don't care" and my day was amazing.

*Hire the videographer- my husband was against it and fought me and we have already seen our video 5 times since we got back (just a few days ago.) You'll want to see the moments you might have missed. 

* Communication is tough at times. Keep track of every correspondence. I made a separate email account exclusively for the wedding. 

* Don't waste time eating- DANCE the night away.

I am debating whether to do the videographer. It is expensive but maybe I should reconsider and get one.... thank you so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users