I had the craziest doctor appt...OMG!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 beachbride09

• 150 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

A little late on the replies, but I am with everyone else: Unprofessional of him; needs to keep personal and professional opinions to himself; and report his 'practice' to the state and insurance.
    http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
    Grand Cayman Island

#32 luckygirl

• 339 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

If he's listed as a religious doctor then that's one thing. But I'm not sure how kosher his practice is with the insurance company he's signed up with. I think the Dr. should be reported to your insurance plan, so if they continue to allow him to accept patients under the plan he should have these very important details listed so those of us who don't feel the same way do not waste a copay and time on a visit.

#33 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

There was something on NPR today about a lawsuit against a doctor for using their personal beliefs (religous) to not treat someone as it is illegal....how does he get away with this and no one turnign him in?

#34 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

OMG~ that is crazy! I don't know what I would've done.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#35 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

OMG.... that is so crazy.. I would have been like "okay where's Ashton... am I being Punkd??" haha... def find a new doc!

#36 tvt

• VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

what a quack! i don't know what i would have done in that situation, probably sit there in shocked silence?! weirdo!!!

#37 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:16 AM

Omg.. Yari that's so awkward and completely inappropriate. I second the suggestion to let the insurance company know.

My sis was at a new gyn once and his cell phone rang while he was examining her AND HE ANSWERED IT!!
                I was so mad when she told me. She was like wtf!!.

- yeah awkward. Needless to say she never went back to him and got a second opinion on anything he said.

#38 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:59 AM

OMG Yari!!!! That is (a) totally unprofessional and (B) totally inappropriate.

I don't know if refusing BC to a patient is refusing to treat them, but he really ought to be reported. Holy moley!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#39 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

That is sooooooo inappropriate! i agree with everybody else that this guy needs to be reported.
                  <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#40 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

lol Wow what a crazy doctor. 1. i can't believe he asked if you were Catholic. 2. can't believe he told you that you shouldn't have sex till your married. 3. he actually told you to go to confession.

What a nut!

I have to start looking for a new OBGYN, can i have his number? haha
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users