Kids not invited to AHR; Is this rude?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

I don't think it's rude either. I've been to a lot of receptions and parties that were no kids, i don't think it should make a difference how formal the event is. The parents might appreciate a night away from the kids too. and fmil really shouldn't have a say.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
    • 514 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

I don't know if it's a hispanic thing, but our family members get annoyed when there are no kids invited. I would think they would want a night away?! I just got off the phone with my cousin, who was not pleased to hear about the no-kids policy, and she suggested I rent one of those giant bouncers to keep the kids entertained! OMG- I couldn't believe she suggested that!!! I'm sorry, but there will be no bouncers at my reception whether it is formal or not.

I agree with all of you, no kids will be invited. I will even offer to pay for baby-sitting if it's such a grand issue with anyone.

#13 ginalynn

ginalynn
      • 219 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I think it is perfectly fine to specify "adult only." With that many people, the kids will be bumping into and running around people, which might cause some serious carpet stains and broken opjects in your parents' house.

#14 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Dump the kids and don't pay for babysitting you haven't had the kids its not your responsibility lol

A good get out line is its just not healthy for kids to be around drink and we are all responsible parents I would hope lol that'll shut them up lmao

#15 Anna83

Anna83
          • 288 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

I don't think it's rude at all. I prefer going to parties without kids sometime. Just be consistent and I think most people understand.

#16 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
            • 582 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

I don't think it's rude at all.

I am not meaning to offend anyone with my next statement, but in my opinion any event where adults will be drinking heavily and partying is not usually an appropriate place for children. There is a reason children aren't allowed in night clubs. I understand that an family party should not necessarily be compared to a night club so hopefully you guys got the gist of my point without thinking I am totally nuts

#17 bridetobe959

bridetobe959
              • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

We are doing the same thing for our AHR. My FI is a brewer and we have a few friends that are brewing some kegs of beer specifically for us so we both agreed that it would be best for everyone to leave the kids at home. our DW is also adults only. we ran the idea by our few friends that have kids just to make sure we wouldn't lose anyone because of this and they were all thrilled to have a vacation by themselves!

#18 AnneW

AnneW
                • 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

It's not rude AT ALL! It might deter some people from coming, but with a guest list of 250, that might be a good thing:) If people really want to come, they will find a way.

#19 msasfraz

msasfraz
                  • 392 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

nope not at all... i have a 5 yr old but she's trained properly on how to behave at functions...this is your day and you cannot assume other people's kids, family or not, are trained in the way where they won't upset your day. i will have about 5-8 kids there under the age of 15.... everyone else needs to be of adult age... my event is only for the grown and sexy :)

#20 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                    • 514 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

I worked on my AHR invitations this week and I even made them in Spanish so there will be no confusion about the no-children policy! I clearly stated it on the invitation and RSVP card. We'll see what happens once I send them out. I have a good feeling most of his family won't show because of that, but I think most of mine will be fine with it. I will let you all know the replies are once I send them out! I'm sure it will be interesting what they say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users