Kids not invited to AHR; Is this rude?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

My parents are hosting an AHR immediatly when we get back from our DW, so needless-to-say, I need to start working on this!!! When we figured out our guest list, we realized we had over 250 people (and this is just family). We are having it at my parents home, which will not fit that many people. It's not a formal affair, but I don't want it to me like a birthday party either.

Would it be rude to specify adult-only reception even if it's not a formal event? My FMIL seemed a little bothered by it, but then again she's not helping my family pay for it, so I don't think it should be up to her. If we eliminate the kids, we will be able to invite everyone we want and comfortably fit everyone. What do you all think?

#2 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Not rude at ALL. Absolutley not.

#3 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

As long as you're consistent and absolutely no kids are invited, I don't see a problem with this at all.

#4 Kat81

• VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

Not rude at all! I have been to a lot of events where kids aren't invited. Sometimes they provide a babysitter for all the kids, sometimes they don't. Totally not rude though.

#5 Reba2009

• 192 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

I do not think it is rude at all. I prefer going to parties without children. Keep reminding yourself this is your day so do what you want to do!

#6 happygilmore

• 576 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

I don't think it is rude and if people give you any lip just say you had 250+ people and by leaving out the kids you were able to have a more reasonable number. It wasn't something you wanted to do but from a financial stand point and spacewise it was all that would work!

#7 royfa

• 2,201 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

I really don't think it's rude!
                Fannie & Pierre

#8 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:40 PM

it's not rude at alll as long as there are NO kids - i know a lot of people get pissed when it says no kids and then the kids that are closest to the bride/groom are there like nieces and stuff KWIM?

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

i don't think it's rude at all. it's your party!

#10 jajajaja

• VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Kids and drinking don't mix- at least in my mind. I hate getting drunk while a little one is innocently looking at me like "wow, you dirty lush."

Anyways- it's your party, you call the shots. I don't think it's rude at all. It's like having any other party at your house- say an adult Christmas party. Is it rude to ask people to not bring their kids? Absolutely not. It's adult fun time, not a BBQ for all ages. :)
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users