Photo

Maggie Sottero Price increases Sept. 1? Anyone else hear about this?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

So I went back to the bridal store last night that I will probably order my dress from...I am deciding between two different dresses, one of them is a Maggie dress.

Anyway, the consultant informed me last night that Maggie Sottero prices are increasing Sept. 1. This is not just at that store but rather increases that are being set forth by Maggie Sottero. She said that some dresses are going up as much as $400! the reason for the increase is rising costs (gas, materials, etc.)

So she just recommened to me that if I do go with the Maggie dress I get it ordered before Sept. 1.

Anyone else hear about this?

#2 KLC77

KLC77
    • 2,207 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

I didn't hear about Maggie dresses going up, but when I was just at a bridal salon I was told that all Watters and Watters and Wtoo dresses were going up 20% in a couple of weeks. I thought that 20% was a huge increase. Maybe all designers are considering this... or it could just be a salon selling tactic (I hope not tho, that's shady lol).
      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#3 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

Oh that wouldn't be good. The salon that I talked to about my WToo BM dresses never said anything to me and I told the girls we weren't ordering until October

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

Sheesh - so glad I bought my Maggie already! I'd say run and get it

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

Andi if that's really the dress you want, i would just order it now to be safe.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

i would check with the company. if it's a sales tactic I'd report them & buy elsewhere.

#7 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:49 AM

I just put the deposit down on my Maggie Sottero dress this past weekend and there was no pressure or mention of this price increase from the woman that was helping me. Hmm... Is there a way of checking it out with another bridal salon just to be sure?

#8 Trice

Trice
                • 295 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

A salon I visited to try on dresses emailed me about this price increase for various designers on Sept 1st. I'm not sure if its true because also in the email they were giving special offers if you purchased by Sept 1st.

#9 bsullivan2

bsullivan2
                  • 74 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

I just went dress shopping today and actually bought a Maggie Sottero dress. I was not informed of the prices going up. The woman who was helping me actually gave me a $200 discount on one of her new dresses that she just got in!

Brandie

#10 syl1115

syl1115
                    • 789 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

I did get an email from the place I purchased my dress that said the price increase is effective 9/1/2008.
                      Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users