Videoagrapher

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mhoudek

mhoudek
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

I tried to go through some of the videographer posts and I'm still having a tough time with this. I need some help finding someone! I honestly don't want to spend more than $2,000 and for at least 8 hours. Am I even going to find this? It looks like the answer is a no. I can't believe that everything regarding photography and video is so much more expensive than in the states. I'm tempted to just see if I can fly someone down and pay for their stay and have them do it. It might be cheaper if I can find someone who would just do it as a vacation. hahaha Who am I kidding? I'm sure they would want to get paid on top of all that. Does anyone have any ideas besides bringing my own camcorder down and having family do it. hahahhaa I really don't want to do that. Any help would be very appreciated!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!
    Matt and Melissa
    April 18, 2009
    Ceremony at Private Beach in Playacar
    Reception at Kool Beach Club
    Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#2 mhoudek

mhoudek
    • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

OOPS! I obviously didn't check my spelling before I sent that!! Is there a way to correct it? haha
      Matt and Melissa
      April 18, 2009
      Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

You may want to use the search function to find out more!

#4 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

you may be able to find a videographer which only requires you to pay his travel - it would likely have to be somebody with no DW experience. But I assume you can find somebody as there are often photographers who come on here and offer to photograph weddings for free, and only charge travel fees. There must be videographers willing to do the same.

#5 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Here is a post I did several months ago when I was searching for videographers. Maybe you could look into these ones. I know some of them were like 200-300$ per hour, so you should be able to get 8 hours for under 2000$ (as they should give you a discount when you pay for more hours).

http://bestdestinati....6-2#post280102

#6 SunBride

SunBride
            • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

sorry to post AGAIN, but my recommendation to you would be to get Paul Schrank at Playaweddings for 5 hours for 1800$. I know you wanted 8 hours, but 5 is still lots (although I understand, not as much as you want). Anyways, I had Paul and was very very happy. Plus you will get an edited highlights video included in that price.

#7 mhoudek

mhoudek
              • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

Thanks so much for your help and suggestion. I contacted Paul and he is booked. Plus for some reason I'm really set on a longer period of time. I ended up booking with Mike Cantrall of Cancunweddings! His stuff looked great and at 8 hours he will include HD for free :) Thank you again-Sunbride-you were very nice and helpful!!! :)
                Matt and Melissa
                April 18, 2009
                Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#8 beth

beth
                • 128 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:11 AM

We also booked Mike Cantrall and are so excited! His work looks great!!

#9 Kits55

Kits55
                  • 607 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mhoudek
                  Thanks so much for your help and suggestion. I contacted Paul and he is booked. Plus for some reason I'm really set on a longer period of time. I ended up booking with Mike Cantrall of Cancunweddings! His stuff looked great and at 8 hours he will include HD for free :) Thank you again-Sunbride-you were very nice and helpful!!! :)
                  Mhoudek: does Mike have a website that I can go to? Thanks in advance. :)

#10 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

We are currently looking at his work also here is his email mike@cancunweddingvideo.com and his website Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Miguel Cantarell - Home
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users