Sign in to follow this  
Latinhunny33

Puerto Rico Brides!

Tmarie, have you made contact with the Demographic Registry? They can be frustrating to work with. I wish that PDF file was available when I got married. I eventually used WedAffair's licensing service which was helpful. I have a few tips though:

1. Write NOW to the registry to get the information so that you can bring it with you to your doctor's office. Many states no longer require these tests and some labs get very confused when you ask for the VDRL.

2. Leave some time for the test results to be returned if you are being tested in the states. My results had to be faxed to Puerto Rico because the lab was slow. WedAffair had their own doc sign off on our tests.

3. The Demographic Registry is not a romantic place. Not all of the clerks speak English and you will not receive the actual application until you are in PR so be prepared to spend a few hours at the office. Do not leave anything unanswered. You will need Id, birth certificate, and social security card. In addition, whoever marries you will also want to see these documents and will need the license application.

4. Remember island time! It took several months for the license to arrive and is in Spanish so maybe I'm not really married after allwink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinhunny33 View Post
I'm 23 days away!!! Eeeekkk!
Uconn, I will be married at Hotel El Convento which is right across from the SJ Cathedral. It might be an option for you. It's a beautiful hotel that was originally a convent.
Check it out here --- San Juan Hotels, Puerto Rico Luxury Vacations & PR Room Reservations - Hotel El Convento
They have been very helpful & have answered the 50,000 questions I've thrown their way.
I will be sure to post pics once I'm back.
I've looked at the Hotel El Convento so please let me know how it went!! Congratulations!! I think I finally got buy-in from my FI on PR so now I want to start the planning! Any recommendations for Wedding Coordinators?

Latinhunny33-how exciting! Our wedding at El Convento is fast approaching also! Where did you decide for the honeymoon? You may have mentioned it and I missed it. We are thinking about taking a cruise out of San Juan because it is so easy!

Oops-I just saw your first post Latinhunny33-you are taking a cruise. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Evie - I've taken a couple of cruises out of Puerto Rico and it's really a great port to start out of because you get to spend more time on the islands vs. at sea...of course it is your honeymoon so perhaps you want to have more days at sea!! If you have any questions on various ports - let me know! Congrats on the big day!

Evie - I've taken a couple of cruises out of Puerto Rico and it's really a great port to start out of because you get to spend more time on the islands vs. at sea...of course it is your honeymoon so perhaps you want to have more days at sea!! If you have any questions on various ports - let me know! Congrats on the big day!

Hey Girls! I am new to the DW planning and we are looking at PR and DR. Has anyone looked into the Intercontinental or El San Juan hotel? we would love to get married at either of those places, but not sure our guests can afford them! Any suggestions?