Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Latinhunny33

Puerto Rico Brides!

Recommended Posts

Yeah Samantha! Glad to hear it worked out with El Conquistador! Very cool about the Oprah show by the way. I am happy for you. smile159.gif I am still at El Convento. Picked a dress, sent the save the dates, and...that's it so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by evie View Post
Yeah Samantha! Glad to hear it worked out with El Conquistador! Very cool about the Oprah show by the way. I am happy for you. smile159.gif I am still at El Convento. Picked a dress, sent the save the dates, and...that's it so far!
Thanks Evie!
I'm sooo happy to hear that you are rolling right along with the planning! And EL CONVENTO is sooooo beautiful!!!!
I would luv to see what your dress looks like! Did you email me a picture of it? I remember you were debating on two diff ones right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we are still here Kee Lac. :) I am set for May 16th, 2009, at El Covento in Old San Juan. I am trying to decide between a DJ or Band. The hotel has a wedding planner and she gave me a lot of choices for music. She suggested a string quarter for the ceremony with a soprano singing the ava maria, a guitar duo for the cocktail hour, a DJ for the ceremony and a bomba/plena band for 45 minutes as a surprise for the ceremony. Sounds good to me. :) Samantha-so nice to hear from you. The dress was one of the ones I emailed you. The Anne Barge one. I created my own save the date cards on zazzle.com. I used a photo of the hotel as suggested by others on this forum as the cover of the save the date card. You can make your own stamps, etc.. on zazzle. It's a good site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Evie I found ur dress on my email. It's beautiful!

It sounds like you have things all planned out. I'm sooo excited for you!

Your wedding is right around the corner!! And now you will be getting married before me so I'll be following in your footsteps!

smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by evie View Post
Yes we are still here Kee Lac. :) I am set for May 16th, 2009, at El Covento in Old San Juan. I am trying to decide between a DJ or Band. The hotel has a wedding planner and she gave me a lot of choices for music. She suggested a string quarter for the ceremony with a soprano singing the ava maria, a guitar duo for the cocktail hour, a DJ for the ceremony and a bomba/plena band for 45 minutes as a surprise for the ceremony. Sounds good to me. :) Samantha-so nice to hear from you. The dress was one of the ones I emailed you. The Anne Barge one. I created my own save the date cards on zazzle.com. I used a photo of the hotel as suggested by others on this forum as the cover of the save the date card. You can make your own stamps, etc.. on zazzle. It's a good site.
Evie, your wedding is going to be gorgeous! I was wondering if El Convento can do really small weddings (10 to 25 guests) and are they expensive? I was looking into PR previously and wanted to use a venue on Isla Verde side. My DH has been calling and emailing with no response back. I was so discouraged that I gave up on that venue. Would you mind sharing any info you have for El Convento. Are you getting married at the church across the street? It's a beautiful place. Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MsSunshine,

 

El Convento has a big ballroom where up to 150 people can be seated-I am having only about 30 or so in the ballroom! lol So there will be ALOT of dancing space. They plan on maybe using square tables to give the appearance of fullness-they can also block off an area. El Convento also has smaller rooms-one that has beautiful decor which they use for smaller parties. They are reasonable in terms of price. I actually have the prices somewhere in my email I think...I can forward you everything if you give me your email address. We are getting married in the church across the street!! It is very old but beautiful. We visited El Convento recently and were able to see three weddings! We saw their set up and they were very good. The wedding planner is on site which helps. Many people get married in El Convento in their atrium-which is gorgeous! I almost did it there. It is truly beautiful. Also, the food options are great. You can have open bar and a mojito or sangria station, etc.. For the church you give a downpayment -about $50.00 then they give you a list of things you must submit (like baptism certificate etc..), then you have to be interviewed by the priest and he will decide whether or not to let you use the church (sounds scary). The total cost for the church is about $400.00. Send me your email and I will send you what I have on El Convento. Every night for one hour the hotel offers for free wine and cheese for its guest on the patio which is very nice. The surrounding area is great! Great shopping, good restaurants, and there is a trendy restaurant called BARU where many people hold reherseal dinners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by evie View Post
Hi MsSunshine,

El Convento has a big ballroom where up to 150 people can be seated-I am having only about 30 or so in the ballroom! lol So there will be ALOT of dancing space. They plan on maybe using square tables to give the appearance of fullness-they can also block off an area. El Convento also has smaller rooms-one that has beautiful decor which they use for smaller parties. They are reasonable in terms of price. I actually have the prices somewhere in my email I think...I can forward you everything if you give me your email address. We are getting married in the church across the street!! It is very old but beautiful. We visited El Convento recently and were able to see three weddings! We saw their set up and they were very good. The wedding planner is on site which helps. Many people get married in El Convento in their atrium-which is gorgeous! I almost did it there. It is truly beautiful. Also, the food options are great. You can have open bar and a mojito or sangria station, etc.. For the church you give a downpayment -about $50.00 then they give you a list of things you must submit (like baptism certificate etc..), then you have to be interviewed by the priest and he will decide whether or not to let you use the church (sounds scary). The total cost for the church is about $400.00. Send me your email and I will send you what I have on El Convento. Every night for one hour the hotel offers for free wine and cheese for its guest on the patio which is very nice. The surrounding area is great! Great shopping, good restaurants, and there is a trendy restaurant called BARU where many people hold reherseal dinners.
Evie, The church issue sounds nerve wrecking lol! I heard that there is a long waiting list to get married in that church. Also, do they have a bilingual priest? Unfortunately, I don't speak spanish but my husband does. Since I ma in the U.S. is it really required for me and my better half to meet with the priest before deciding our fate lol! Isn't that the church where Marc Anthony & Dyanara Torres got married at? I did look at El Convento's pricing and it mentioned something about food & consumption. I hope it's not an arm and a leg cost lol! Here's my email address : sweetluvin675@yahoo.com

Thanks again for your help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the church-once you tell them what date, if it is free they ask you for a down payment and they book you (in pencil-lol-really). Then once you gather all of your documents you make an appointment to see the Priest and he interviews you. It then goes from pencil to pen. They told me it is not a difficult interview. I am not exactly sure what the interview will consist of but the woman from the church told me not to worry. Yes, it is the church that Marc Anthony got married at. :) And yes they do have a bilingual priest-my boyfriend does not speak Spanish. Regarding meeting the priest-yes you have to do it in person. I tried to get around that also because it is expensive to fly back just for a meeting but she said I had to. Maybe you will get lucky! But there are other churches nearby I believe, if that doesn't work out-you can always get married in the hotel's atrium.

 

Regarding the food and consumption-a lot of the resorts/hotels are like that. Each room has a minimum amount that they charge for the room (depending on the day of the week you choose). So say the price is $10k for the room on a Saturday-you must reach at least $10k. You can reach it by ordering that much in food and drinks-then the room fee is covered. If you have a small amount of guests and your food and drink price doesn't reach 10K you will have to make up the difference. But if you book one of the smaller rooms the price is less. I believe the prices are listed on their website...it may not be but I have them somewhere. I will email them to you later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×