Puerto Rico Brides!

Latinhunny33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseconfused View Post
Another PR bride here! I'll only be there a day though... we're taking a cruise and getting married when we stop in San Juan. I haven't made any solid plans yet, but I'm in love with The Ritz. I'm sure it'll be way out of my budget, so if anyone knows of anywhere nice kinda close to the port, I'd love to hear about it! I'll take any recommendations I can get!

(Hey Jennifer/MsSunshine!!! It's Shellie!)
The Normandy and Marriot are next to the ports. Old San Juan is a very small area though so you would mmost likely be safe with any of the other hotels.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms. Sunshine, I don't know if this will be a barrier but when DH and I first started planning our PR wedding we also looked at marrying at Catedral San Juan Bautiste however both parties needed to be Catholic and I was not. I did not want to convert so we ruled it out. This may have changed though, it's always worth a look! I also found El Convento's fees very comprable to other top rated hotels and they were ALWAYS prompt and courteous unlike some other facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
Ms. Sunshine, I don't know if this will be a barrier but when DH and I first started planning our PR wedding we also looked at marrying at Catedral San Juan Bautiste however both parties needed to be Catholic and I was not. I did not want to convert so we ruled it out. This may have changed though, it's always worth a look! I also found El Convento's fees very comprable to other top rated hotels and they were ALWAYS prompt and courteous unlike some other facilities.
Hi, I had no idea that both parties have to be catholics. I'm catholic but my DH (legally married) isn't. I should check with that church. I know some churches can be strict. I do like the way El Convento looks...but not sure if I can afford it! I'll have to look into it :) Thank you for your help

MsSunshine, the church's website says that only one party has to be Catholic...maybe it was different before or maybe the website has old information.....Latinhunny, I just read some of the old posts and saw that you are getting married at El Convento!! Do you mind telling me who you chose as the band? And which flower company you went with? I am trying to decide between DJ or band. I am curious about what colors you chose for flowers! The hotel is so colorful. I am having a hard time deciding that also. Thanks! smile72.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by evie View Post
MsSunshine, the church's website says that only one party has to be Catholic...maybe it was different before or maybe the website has old information.....Latinhunny, I just read some of the old posts and saw that you are getting married at El Convento!! Do you mind telling me who you chose as the band? And which flower company you went with? I am trying to decide between DJ or band. I am curious about what colors you chose for flowers! The hotel is so colorful. I am having a hard time deciding that also. Thanks! smile72.gif
Evie, that works out in my favor :) Thanks for pointing it out. I know I need to see the price info for El Convento as well.

Hey Evie!

We decided not to use a TA. Basically what I did was call around to the airlines that service San Antonio to Puerto Rico & received a "group rate". It's actually pretty easy. We went with Continental because all our guests had to give was a $100.00 deposit -which was put towards the total purchase- and full payment due 30 days before we are set to depart. So it's kinda like a payment plan? The guests can pay anytime between when you booked the airfare & 30days before the departure.

And as far as hotel rooms I found that the Villa Sevilla we spoke about earlier in the thread is the halfway mark between San Juan & Fajardo where El Conquistador is located. SO I called the property & booked the villas & our guests paid a small deposit (between $50-$60) for 1 week stay. They are very affordable! In fact my family & a few friends will be staying at El Conquistador the weekend we get married & they will have the villas still rented so that they can return to the villas after the wedding until we return home.

Basically I was the travel agent! lol! It is lots of work trying to coordinate our guests & deposits but in the end they save lots of money. The couple of TA's that I called seemed to have a "set" price.-One TA on this site NEVER got back to me?? SO I didn't want to waste time. And then come to find out our guests would have had to put a way larger deposit then us booking the way we did. I think it was like a $500.00 deposit vs $150.00.

I've read other brides have successfully used TA'S but in my case it was best to book ourselves.

I would contact a couple of TA's & see what they say & then check for yourself before making any decisions.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Evie.

Sorry it's taken so long to answer your questions but I've been a bit busy, I just had my baby.

We will be marrying at the Hotel El Convento.

We chose a Florist from my hometown in PR, so all my flower arrangements will be made & my family will pick them up & deliver to the hotel.

As far as a band, my parents found a band they really liked & recommended so we will be using them.

We chose not to choose a DJ.

What room are you marrying in?

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Hello other PR brides! I am a newly engaged PR bride. elefant.gif My fiance and I want a small, quaint ceremony on the beach near San Juan. We will have less than 10 guests and will be leaving on a cruise on 12/13/09. Looking at 12/12/09 as the wedding date. I'm thinking that the first thing I need to do is find a location. Maybe a hotel that offers beach weddings? We'd like to keep the ceremony simple and inexpensive (under $500). Any recommendations?

• 4 weeks later...

Yay for Puerto Rico brides!! My fiance and I are planning a Feb 2010 wedding! We spent a a week in November down there and can't wait to head back!! We traveled most of the island plus Vieques so feel free to send questions my way! I think we will get married in San Juan, Rincon or Vieques.. decisions, decisions!!

Can't wait to get to know everyone!!