Photo

Rain on my Parade

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

So, Aaron and I haven't officially set the date... but we both like Sept. 12, 2008. I just went to weather.com and it said that September is when it rains the most in Los Cabos! Has anyone gotten married there in September (or late August). How often does it actually rain? And last but not least, do you think I should change the date to chance better weather?
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

I think that is for sure the rainy season, I know some people are getting married in October, but living in So Cal that was usually one of the only months I got rain. Not sure if you saw Woo Woo wedding pics, but it rained on her wedding day and her pics still turned out beautiful.
    some people say its good luck to have rain on your wedding day.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

What happens at Dreams if it rains? Do we stay outside? Does it turn into a giant wet t-shirt contest?! Do you have a link to those pictures? I'm curious now! I heard when it rains there, it really pours - so much for a nice up-do!

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

hmm you might want to check with the resort to see if they have indoor areas, but honestly I doubt they have very big areas. Is there a specific reason for that day?
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

cabo is in the dessert so even when it does rain, it is short. dreams does have an indoor reception room but it is not so pretty...you may want to consider pushing the date back to lessen the chance of getting rained on your big day.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:18 PM

Courtney I have the same problem.. when I went to cancun last year exactly around my date it rained 3 out of 4 days when I was there.. I'm really concerned about it but I really love my date and I'm not willing to change it.. I'm going to take the risk and I think I'll rent some tents if it does rain 'cause I really don't want an indoor reception..

#7 MERRYME

MERRYME
        • 324 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:23 AM

You really might want to move your date back - August, Septeber and beggining of October is Major HURRICANE season!! and it is VERY HOT and muggy. You could try JUne or July those are gorgeous months in Cabo.

I was there during one of the hurricanes last year and it was not too bad but I have heard that It Can get really bad.
          Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
          22nd of December 2006

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:15 AM

I don't think I could move it to June or July... my family is the kind of family that has the windows open during winter because they still think its too hot!! We originally planned for November, so I guess we could go back to that... I don't want to move it FARTHER away though!! I'm not too concerned about hurricane season since Cabo isn't on the Caribbean side. It would really suck if it rained... but.... arg. Back to the drawing board I guess!

#9 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

can you do this november? you might not get a saturday but it would be a great excuse to move it up.

#10 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
            • 74 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

I would like second Merryme's observations, as someone who lives and photographs here. Avoid September unless you fancy playing Russian Roulette with hurricanes and tropical storms. It is also nasty hot and humid 100+ during the day. The hurricane 'window' is August 15th through October 15th with a small likelyhood of hurricanes hitting outside of the window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users