Photo

Travel Mugs - Canada

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Ploman

Ploman
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Oh I just read the last part of your question. My Bubba's are 20 oz. My Factory 21 are 14 oz. 

After shipping, duty, and the cost of Factory 21, they came to $2.80 per guest (ordered 100). I got the bubba's 50% off at Walmart for around $7.50 each. Online I believe they were a little cheaper than that but shipping to Canada was nuts.  So far Factory 21 has been great... Ordered and got my design settled and confirmation of shipping date within an hour on eBay. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#62 bride6262

bride6262
    • 582 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by McLecker 

Thanks for the info! Stupid question potentially - but did they keep the drinks cold?? We are trying to decide between the official bubba mugs from their online store (with the insulation)

http://www.shopbubba.../c-17-mugs.aspx which will cost about $7.5-$8 each (For 50+ guests) or the factory 21 ones that are still fun and may still just do the trick? We would just fill the bubba mugs with a few things like advil etc bc we wouldn't be able to afford the mugs plus all the other stuff for that many people. Also - how many oz were your mugs?

Hey!

no one had any issues with drinks staying cold.... they did a great job! we are still using our mugs to this day for coffee as well and the insulation works great!

#63 Avens

Avens
      • 576 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

and like someone said before - honestly your drink shouldn't be sitting around for hours - I hope you're getting refills! :)

#64 Ploman

Ploman
        • 425 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

My Factory21 mugs came in. To re-post from Canadian OOT bag forum, duty to Edmonton was $47, so after that, plus shipping, plus cost, they came to $264 for 100 mugs. $2.64 each. I love them!  Absolutely exactly what I was hoping for.

Here's a pic:

#65 Ploman

Ploman
          • 425 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

I was at Tim Hortons yesterday and they have the plastic mugs similar to the ones I got from Factory 21 (post above this) for $4 a piece. I think its a really good price if you want need like 100 of them, and since they are Tim Horton's it's kind of like bringing a little piece of Canada down with you. They looked very nice. The metal ones were much more expensive, but I've tried having fruity drinks out of metal before and it's a big mistake haha. 

#66 Ploman

Ploman
            • 425 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

don't need* 100 of them

#67 sosodj

sosodj
              • 199 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

Hey!

no one had any issues with drinks staying cold.... they did a great job! we are still using our mugs to this day for coffee as well and the insulation works great!

How much room  and weight did all the mugs take, did they all fit in a suit case' i have about 50 guests and just wondering how feasableit is to bring 50 mugs on the plane?

#68 sosodj

sosodj
                • 199 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jreist 

My Factory21 mugs came in. To re-post from Canadian OOT bag forum, duty to Edmonton was $47, so after that, plus shipping, plus cost, they came to $264 for 100 mugs. $2.64 each. I love them!  Absolutely exactly what I was hoping for.

Here's a pic:

How much did the weight on the box say for 50 mugs?

#69 sosodj

sosodj
                  • 199 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by sosodj 

How much did the weight on the box say for 50 mugs?

sorry i meant 100?

#70 Ploman

Ploman
                    • 425 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

The package of 100 came in two large boxes of 50 mugs. I think that it will take about a full large suitcase for each box of 50. I believe the UPS tag said it was 17 pounds for each box of 50. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users