Travel Mugs - Canada

I am searching for mugs right now, I was thinking on doing the same thing. However I did find another site on e- bay shops and factory 21 offers mugs personalized at about $2.00 each and shipping is only about $50, which isn't bad, considering what the others are charging. I would love to see pics when you have some. It will certainly help me make a decision.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my mugs in, and did some customizing!

I originally was going to go get all the same paper - but when I was at Michael's I picked up one of those scrapbooking paper books with 120 sheets for half price and used that!

I cut out the shape (made a tracer from cardboard)  then taped them to the middle of a sheet of paper and put them through the printer :D

Here's the final product of 6 of them.

IMG070.jpgIMG069.jpgIMG068.jpg

Originally Posted by KatieJ View Post

Have you already customized them?? do you have pictures??? 

• 1 month later...

Wow great tip about the printing part!! Thanks for the idea!!

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

I got my mugs in, and did some customizing!

I originally was going to go get all the same paper - but when I was at Michael's I picked up one of those scrapbooking paper books with 120 sheets for half price and used that!

I cut out the shape (made a tracer from cardboard)  then taped them to the middle of a sheet of paper and put them through the printer :D

Here's the final product of 6 of them.

IMG070.jpgIMG069.jpgIMG068.jpg

I have been having a heck of a time trying to customize my mugs without paying an arm and a leg and THIS IS GREAT! My only question/concern about the mugs is this....How do the paper inserts not get wet when drinks are poured into the cups? I'm visualizing there is an edge around the cup where the paper gets inserted so I'm "seeing" when the bartender pours the drink in the liquid itself getting down that crack and ruining the paper insert. Is this a concern or am I way off with how these cups and paper inserts work? I look forward to hearing back on this because I'm so hoping these mugs are the answer for me!!!

Nicky

I'm not sure, but I imagine there is a ring that snaps off the top of the cup so you can put the insert it - then it would go back over it to seal the cup.......OR maybe the inserts go in from the bottom?

Good question - I'm curious to see the answer as well, as these do look like a great solution!

Originally Posted by mowrer1943 View Post

I have been having a heck of a time trying to customize my mugs without paying an arm and a leg and THIS IS GREAT! My only question/concern about the mugs is this....How do the paper inserts not get wet when drinks are poured into the cups? I'm visualizing there is an edge around the cup where the paper gets inserted so I'm "seeing" when the bartender pours the drink in the liquid itself getting down that crack and ruining the paper insert. Is this a concern or am I way off with how these cups and paper inserts work? I look forward to hearing back on this because I'm so hoping these mugs are the answer for me!!!

Nicky

I don't think anyone's mug got ruined (the paper). 

We accidently left our mugs in Mexico, so I can't take a photo of how they look in pieces.  I took a zoomed in picture off of Oriental trading instead.  You can see there is two black pieces. The top one is the lid, and the bottom is the inside cup. You take them both off, and its just the clear plastic, then you put your paper in.  Then you put the black cup insert on ( it screwed on) so you have the:

black inside cup where you put your mojito

paper, sealed in away from the mojito

outside plastic cup to protect the paper

As long as you keep it sealed, its safe! I probably wouldn't stick it in water and expect it to stay sealed (I always took the black cup out to wash it good, however just a quick rinse was fine).

mugs.jpg

Hope that helps!

We just got back from Mexico, and everyone loved the mugs.  It was really handy having names on them - so no one got mixed up.

Originally Posted by mowrer1943 View Post

Nicky

Thank you so much for taking the time to clarify that! Yes, that was very helpful and I'm sold now! Thanks again! I just ordered them through Oriental Trading and this will be my last project and then my OOT bags are done. Thank the Lord! I'm so ready to just be done, as I'm not very crafty, and since my Mom usually does all this kind of stuff for me it's been rough, because I'm keeping it a secret from her.

So thanks a bunch! I can't wait to work on them. Any chance you have the dimensions of the paper that goes inside of them? I want to get a heads start on doing my template because I'm down to the 3 week countdown :-)

Thanks again!

Nicky

Off the top of my head, no I don't.  Since I don't have our cups anymore, I can't even measure.  I can fit two of them (just) on a 12" x12" page of scrapbook paper.  So it must be close to 12" X 6".

I just traced one of the inserts that came with it on cardboard, and used that as my stencil.  Then did a few trial runs with the outline on a blank piece of paper.