Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
orchid1981

Travel Mugs - Canada

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

 

Just wondering where other Canadian brides got their travel mugs from. Did you order them online or did you get them at a store?

 

We've been doing some searching in the stores thinking we might get a great end of summer deal and so far we've been disappointed. Wondering if online is the way to go.

 

Thanks for any input you might have :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just going to write a post on this subject, but decided to do a search and this thread came up, but it is not helping me.

 

I see TONS of ads where US brides got their personalized travel mugs and I have tried those sites (ebay, discount mugs, weddingfavours, etc.) but the shipping kills me, so I definitely cannot order from there.

 

Does anyone know of any place (online or otherwise) in Canada where I can purchase koozies and travel mugs for my OOT bags?

 

Thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sarah,

 

There's a lot of other threads on the same topic but it takes a while searching through them.  Some helpful info you'll find in some of the brides planning threads so you really gotta dig for information.  Another good thread is 'where to shop for OOT bags in Canada' or something similar, I'm going through the same thing, debating on going through discountmugs or a local business.  Ironically the Canadian prices are a bit higher and I've read in other threads that one Canadian company orders from discountmugs so might as well cut out the middle man.  Ship to a US address if you can, it cuts the costs significantly!!!

 

I need to order a lot of things for my OOT bag too so that's why I wanna be sure I'm going to get the best price possible for everything.

Here's a site that I've recently gotten a quote from, they're in the GTA (Brampton): 

http://www.crossbridgeprinting.com/category.php?cat=453

 

Hope it helps!  Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Hi... i completely understand the search for travel mugs.... all of the canadian sites charge 5 dollars a mug and if you see them for less you have to buy 500 min.. really frustrating!!

I just purchased mine from orientaltrading.com .. it is an american site but the price was so much better than i have seen that i didnt mind the 27.00 in duty and shipping... They came to 5.24 for 6... I got the color your own and i am just going to take out the paper insert they come with and add nice paper and then make stickers, with our names and wedding date on the front, and maybe even one for the back that says "to have and to hold... and to keep your drink cold:) I will get the stickers from vistaprint (ill wait till i get a offer for free ones:)so i think they will look nice... hope this helps...and i will try to remember to post pics when i get it all together

http://www.orientaltrading.com/color-your-own-new-york-travel-mugs-a2-48_9547.fltr?prodCatId=388818&categoryFromSearch=true&tabId=2&rd=color%20your%20own

Originally Posted by orchid1981 View Post

Hi everyone

Just wondering where other Canadian brides got their travel mugs from. Did you order them online or did you get them at a store?

We've been doing some searching in the stores thinking we might get a great end of summer deal and so far we've been disappointed. Wondering if online is the way to go.

Thanks for any input you might have :)


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha i didnt even look to see when that was posted... i guess im a little late!! But hopefully someone else can benefit from the information:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the exact same thing, it was the best deal I could find.  I got these, the hibiscus bags and lanyards, coozies and even with shipping and duty it worked out to about $1.10 a piece. I think it was about $120 all in for 36 of everything.
 

Originally Posted by KatieJ View Post



Hi... i completely understand the search for travel mugs.... all of the canadian sites charge 5 dollars a mug and if you see them for less you have to buy 500 min.. really frustrating!!

I just purchased mine from orientaltrading.com .. it is an american site but the price was so much better than i have seen that i didnt mind the 27.00 in duty and shipping... They came to 5.24 for 6... I got the color your own and i am just going to take out the paper insert they come with and add nice paper and then make stickers, with our names and wedding date on the front, and maybe even one for the back that says "to have and to hold... and to keep your drink cold:) I will get the stickers from vistaprint (ill wait till i get a offer for free ones:)so i think they will look nice... hope this helps...and i will try to remember to post pics when i get it all together

http://www.orientaltrading.com/color-your-own-new-york-travel-mugs-a2-48_9547.fltr?prodCatId=388818&categoryFromSearch=true&tabId=2&rd=color%20your%20own



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 Have you already customized them?? do you have pictures??? 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

I did the exact same thing, it was the best deal I could find.  I got these, the hibiscus bags and lanyards, coozies and even with shipping and duty it worked out to about $1.10 a piece. I think it was about $120 all in for 36 of everything.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered them. I'm just going to print out a design with out names and such.  Either take them to stapes to get printed, or just use pretty paper and my inkjet. Will post pics once I get them.
 

Originally Posted by KatieJ View Post



 Have you already customized them?? do you have pictures??? 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×