Photo

DIY Flutes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

I saw pics of beaded toasting flute handles for $90 a pair so i thought of creating some of my own... i bought flutes from hobby lobby for 10 bucks and clear beading wire and glass beads in my colors and heres one featured below... tell me your thoughts? am i just doing too much or do you think its a nice touch for pics....

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

haha, they look great, i dont think your doing too much, you can never have enough fantastic DIY stuff to make your wedding personal.

BTW, sorry for BDW-stalking your threads tonight, you are the only person giving me new stuff to read tonight! great stuff and ideas, keep it up!

#3 msasfraz

msasfraz
    • 392 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

no problem i need the xtra encouragement.... my BMS think im crazy with all the ideas i have been throwing around and actually completing.. trying to wrap up everything for Jamaica and then finish up everything in next 3 weeks for AHR in october...

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

well, you're doing great! and thanks so much for sharing your ideas cause it will really help someone else!

#5 syl1115

syl1115
      • 789 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

I was thinking of doing something similar except with shells maybe.....I have my own flutes. I don't want to spend the money on others. I will post when I finish. I need to stop finding things to make and call it done. 30 days left!!!!!!! I am going to get them finished this week.
        Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#6 caroline

caroline
        • 697 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

I think it's a nice touch... but what about the hassle of transporting them down there? (and not breaking them)

#7 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
          • 417 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

I think that they turned out great. I like the touch of your colors. Good DIY project!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users