Advice needed - Jewelry for dress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 townie princess

townie princess
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

My wedding dress is long, slinky and a slim halter top.

Click the image to open in full size.

My FI was looking through a flyer for a local jewelry store and saw a necklace in there and said "Hey would you like this as a wedding gift from me?"

As far as I know, he doesn't know what my dress looks like. And even if he did, I don't think he knows that I'm not planning to wear a necklace with this dress. And the necklace he pointed out, I don't really like.

So how can I suggest jewelry without giving too many details away? Eep!

#2 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

I told DH I wasn't wearing a necklace.

You can say the neckline is detailed and you don't want to take away from it. Just be vague. DH isn't one for fashion so I could probably described my dress in complete detail and he would have had no clue! LOL He might have understood chiffon, but would have been lost at rouching.

#3 townie princess

townie princess
      • 298 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

LOL, I hear ya!

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll see how it goes.

#4 Kat81

• VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

I would be totally upfront and circle the things I liked. That way he would at least have an idea of what to get for you.

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

Unless he's a total metro, I wouldn't worry about him figuring out what your dress looks like. Maybe you could suggest him getting you a pair of earrings or a bracelet. Of maybe just a necklace for everyday wear instead to wear with your dress.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users