My Favorite Vallarta food...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Crystal, Hello :). I'm afraid I don't know any caterers who would be willing to do a dinner for $42.00 usd a head (actually buffet is more expensive than sit-down as more food is involved ;).  You might try a place called "Karen's Place" in Bucerias - it's a little restaurant on the beach - I don't know what her pricing is, but a restaurant might be more willing to work with you on a limited budget.  If you can raise your budget somewhat, you might also try DeSantos - again you would need to have the wedding at the restaurant in order to keep the costs low, but it's a beautiful space.  I doubt you could get something for $42.00 usd a person but they might go for something a big higher - it would just be a matter of writing to them and see :).

I didn't know there was a Ztai in Bucerias - the only one I know of is in downtown Vallarta.  If they have a place in Bucerias then I say go for it - their food (in the downtown location) is pretty good :).  

#22 Krs398

• 166 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Great ideas! I will definitely check these out and pass it on to our guests!  

We are staying in Nuevo Vallarta.. do you have any recommendations on good restaurants around there? And maybe a place to hold a rehearsal dinner?

#23 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm so sorry!  I'm so use to nobody posting on my threads that I hardly check these :).

I'm not super familiar with Nuevo Vallarta - we only go to the Plaza there to hang-out in the children's play area from time to time.  I know a couple of restaurants have opened-up out there that look nice but I honestly don't know what they are called!  Anyway, I know I'm not much help but didn't want you to think I was ignoring you :):).

#24 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Also, I have a new addition to the "favs":  Archie's Wok ... it's now my "go to" place when I want a special occasion dinner.  It's a small Asian/Fusion restaurant located in Ollas Altas - they have a facebook page here:  http://www.facebook.com/archieswok.   Just yum yum yum!

I'm going to do a little food blog this summer (since I'll have a bit of time on my hands ;) and will do pictures and directions, etc. to my favorite places to chow down ;).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users