Photo

My Favorite Vallarta food...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 AmandaB

AmandaB
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

All good suggestions - thanks. I need to remember these for October!

#12 clmarti1

clmarti1
    • 207 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Hey there! Great post! Would you recommend any restaurant for a rehearsal dinner? I'm looking for something low-key and authentic, but also affordable. Any help would be great!

#13 clmarti1

clmarti1
      • 207 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

MMM... sounds yummy! Thanks for the suggestions!

#14 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by clmarti1
          Hey there! Great post! Would you recommend any restaurant for a rehearsal dinner? I'm looking for something low-key and authentic, but also affordable. Any help would be great!
          Hello! Well, this sounds like an easy question but it's actually a little difficult -finding someplace that has great authentic food but is also affordable is where the hard part comes in. The first restaurant that comes to mind is El Dorado, and mostly because I was trying to think of a place authentic/affordable that would also allow for a rehearsal dinner (i.e. I don't think El Brujo would be open to a rehearsal dinner because it's so small, it would close the restaurant and Pipis doesn't take reservations, etc.). El Dorado Restaurant on Los Muertos Beach in Puerto Vallarta

There's a new restaurant with a great view of downtown called Chilaquiles - their prices looked reasonable to me and I know they really want new business, so I know they are open to having rehearsal dinners there - but like I mentioned, I haven't eaten there yet, so I'm not sure what the food is like. Their information is: Zaragoza 160 4th Floor, Es. Juarez. Tel: 322-223-9482, email: loschilaquiles@megared.net.mx, manager: Antonio Sanchez Flores

Let me think about this some more - I might be able to come-up with a place that's better :):).

#15 Yanell

Yanell
          • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

Wow!! I love food!!! I'm so excited to try one...or two of your suggestions! I'll be there in October, cant wait!

#16 Yanell

Yanell
            • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:42 AM

Upon my very breif visit to P.V. I was able to stop at Pipis!!!

We loved the fresh guacamole and gigantic margaritas! And not to mention the yummy nachos!!
              Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks Mishka!

#17 Kathie

Kathie
              • 2,654 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

Yum. I'm leaving tomorrow for PV. I'll definitely go to Pipis!

#18 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                • 1,574 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Yanell
                  Upon my very breif visit to P.V. I was able to stop at Pipis!!!

We loved the fresh guacamole and gigantic margaritas! And not to mention the yummy nachos!!
                  Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks Mishka!
                  SWEET! Made me hungry looking at the pictures .

And for you other brides who have a little more time - don't be afraid to try some of those out-of-the-way places too ... I promise you won't be disappointed :):).

#19 MissLucky7Bride

MissLucky7Bride
                  • 147 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Mishka thanks for the recommendations. I will be in PV on Monday, so these tips will definitely come in handy...if you have any more, please feel free to send them my way!

#20 CrystalH

CrystalH
                    • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Mishka! Thank you for all the fantastic information! Since you are a food and wedding expert ;) I was wondering if you had some suggestions as far as some budget friendly catering services that also do rentals (I need tables, chairs, silverware, table linens, napkins, glassware). Do you know of anyone that will do it for around $3,000 for 60-70 people? I'm willing to do buffet style.

Also- my future mom-in-law is looking for a fabulous rehearsal dinner venue in Bucerias. She is hosting the event and I don't quite know what her budget is, although I don't want her overspending for us. I've heard some great reviews for Ztai which looks incredible, I just didn't see any pricing on their website and don't know who to contact.

Thanks so much for all your suggestions and advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users