Sign in to follow this  
AmandaR

Making FINAL Car Payment!

I just wanted to share with you ladies that on Monday I am popping my last car loan payment in the mail! It will be such a relief to have one last bill to pay each month, and it's more $$$ to roll over into our student loan payments. This last payment is a big one - $2500, so the credit union will be thrilled I'm sure. This is a big deal for me because my car was my first purchase on my own.

Oh my gosh that must be a great feeling! I was actually day dreaming today of making my final payment! I have another year to go...but I'm counting down!

Congrats!

Good for you! You must be so pumped! Are you gonna celebrate this occasion? I find spending a little money always helps me celebrate wink.gif

I'm also counting down till the end of car payments. I believe my last one is in October. It will feel so great to re-allocate this money to saving for a house and paying off student loans!

That is incredible!! Definitely something to be proud of!! I cant wait to say the same thing in about 18months (and counting)! Congratulations!!

Excellent! It's so nice to have that monthly payment back & still have a car! When I paid off my car a few years ago, I just started funneling the payment into my savings, since I had figured out how to live without that money for so long anyway, I figured that was the smart thing to do. And, I still have the car! It's about to turn 100K miles!

My BFF is the kind of girl that would turn around & buy a new car cuz she'd paid the old one off...I always thought that was kinda silly. Glad to hear someone else thinks like me wink.gif

That is the best feeling. When I paid off my last car, I waited a couple years before getting a new one and saved the money that I was used to paying towards payments. Now I am back to making car payments on my new car, and I miss the days when I didn't have a payment.

It is a nice feeling. I had my car paid off about 7 years ago now... lol... It's time for a new one. Though we are making payments on a new truck, we need a new car now, so next year we are looking. The car is an 98, with almost 160,000. Thinking either Audi A5, BMW 5, or Challenger. Though 2 payments suck, the car will already be half paid for.