Making FINAL Car Payment!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaR

• 241 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

I just wanted to share with you ladies that on Monday I am popping my last car loan payment in the mail! It will be such a relief to have one last bill to pay each month, and it's more $$$ to roll over into our student loan payments. This last payment is a big one - $2500, so the credit union will be thrilled I'm sure. This is a big deal for me because my car was my first purchase on my own.

#2 MelissaMcClure

• 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

Oh my gosh that must be a great feeling! I was actually day dreaming today of making my final payment! I have another year to go...but I'm counting down!

#3 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

That is such an awesome feeling!!! We just started a new 5 year plan, so I dream of the day with no car loans!

#4 teacherbride

• 354 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

Good for you! You must be so pumped! Are you gonna celebrate this occasion? I find spending a little money always helps me celebrate

I'm also counting down till the end of car payments. I believe my last one is in October. It will feel so great to re-allocate this money to saving for a house and paying off student loans!

#5 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

That is incredible!! Definitely something to be proud of!! I cant wait to say the same thing in about 18months (and counting)! Congratulations!!

#6 Carolyn

• 1,235 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

congrats. I can't wait to have the same feeling myself. (in 3 years)

#7 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Excellent! It's so nice to have that monthly payment back & still have a car! When I paid off my car a few years ago, I just started funneling the payment into my savings, since I had figured out how to live without that money for so long anyway, I figured that was the smart thing to do. And, I still have the car! It's about to turn 100K miles!

My BFF is the kind of girl that would turn around & buy a new car cuz she'd paid the old one off...I always thought that was kinda silly. Glad to hear someone else thinks like me

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

That is so exciting!

#9 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

That is the best feeling. When I paid off my last car, I waited a couple years before getting a new one and saved the money that I was used to paying towards payments. Now I am back to making car payments on my new car, and I miss the days when I didn't have a payment.

#10 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

It is a nice feeling. I had my car paid off about 7 years ago now... lol... It's time for a new one. Though we are making payments on a new truck, we need a new car now, so next year we are looking. The car is an 98, with almost 160,000. Thinking either Audi A5, BMW 5, or Challenger. Though 2 payments suck, the car will already be half paid for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users