Sign in to follow this  
A10CalGal

A little stressed....

I'm going to try really hard to keep this as brief as possible.

OK, so less than 2 weeks before we leave for Cabo. I feel like every time I answer the phone, or even call anyone I get some negative news that I can't do anything about but feel stressed over it. Example: just called my mom to say "hi" while I was out getting lunch. She is all stressed because her dog Shadow (my dog till I went away to college) is not doing well. He is an almost 14 years old laborador retreiver. He is the best, we all love him to death. Well, it was just discovered he has kidney stones as well a some sort of tumor growing inside him. Super sad sad.gif So now of course she's worried about leaving him with someone else for a week while she's in Cabo. AND - she's telling me she can't be in charge of our 16 year old as has been the plan while we're on the honeymoon. She can't be hauling her dog back & forth from her house to our house. I understand, but FRICK! What do I do?

Meanwhile R is busy working way too much...seriously every weekend & every night he's doing something on his computer work related. Its wearing on him, but he's not admitting it...but he's kinda being a butt head in the process. I just feel like right now I'm left alone to absorb all this stress for things I can't do anything about.

I have this awful feeling in my gut & I can feel massive anxiety in my chest. I'm trying to do some yoga breathing to chill out a bit....seems like nothing is easy right now....

Christa ~ So sorry to hear about all of your stress. Like being 2 weeks out from your DW isn't stressful enough!

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Christa, take a few really good deep breaths and try to stay relaxed (yeah right, see how I'am when I'm two weeks out..lol) I'm sorry things are coming down on you right now, but just know that we are all here, ready to listen and show you our support.

Can you come spend about 9 days in Cali & take care of our 16 year old, the cat & the dog? Richard is pretty low maintenance...just needs a ride to school in the morning, to be picked up after track practice...make sure there is cereal & milk & pasta in the house & he's good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Can you come spend about 9 days in Cali & take care of our 16 year old, the cat & the dog? Richard is pretty low maintenance...just needs a ride to school in the morning, to be picked up after track practice...make sure there is cereal & milk & pasta in the house & he's good to go!
How bout if you buy him a car before you leave and leave him with a credit card? That should take care of Richard during the honeymoon! :) I think he'll like my solution too!

haha...funny you should say that about the car Jessalyn. He turns 16 in about a week. He has not even gotten his driving permit yet! In CA you have to go thru that whole process to get your DL at 16. He totally doesn't care about it right now. I told him when he turns 16 he's going to figure out how to get from point A to point B without us...we'll see how that turns out.

My little brother turns 16 on tax day. He got his permit 6 months to the day before his 16th birthday to avoid delays in getting his driver's license. He's the complete opposite....can't wait to drive!!

I hope you get your problems resolved soon. If you guys lived down here, I'd drive him around for you during your honeymoon!

I'm sure it will work out...as they say "it takes a village" I guess my issue is that I would prefer it if my FI was dealing with this issue instead of me. I did leave him a vent-y voicemail earlier...and I have a massage after work, so that should help.