• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MissE

• 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:49 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

1. My name is Erica
    2. February 2010 (exact date unknown)
    3. Carribbean (narrowing down between St Thomas, Dominican Republic, and Bahamas)

First, let me say THANK YOU to everyone who has ever posted info in the St Thomas, DR and Bahamas threads. You all have already helped my fiance and I go in the right direction with certain WCs and resorts. Unfortunately, we can't seem to find a place that will create a wedding within our budget that our guests can also afford! I had been working with Angela from paradise in St Thomas and she is AWESOME. But now my fiance decided he doesn't want to be married on the beach!! (sigh) So now I don't know what to do...

That's where I am for now! Thanks for just being here! The fact that this forum exists already helps a ton!

Take Care!

God Bless!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

Erica, congrats & welcome to the forum!
      You said FI doesn't want to get married on the beach, but that doesn't mean you have to change the resort if you found one that you really like. You could always have your ceremony in a location overlooking the beach, or poolside or in a gazebo.
      Have you seen all of the wedding sites at the particular resort that you're interested in?

#3 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

Hi Erica. Welcome to the forum.

#4 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:59 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Has your FI seen all the other spots at the resorts you have looked at. Most places have beautiful gazebos.

#5 Erin6341

• 298 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hi Erica, I am sure you will find everything you are looking for here!

#6 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Welcome to the forum Erica!
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#7 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
              • 1,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

welcome to the board!

happy planning

#8 WeddingCreativo

• 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Hi Erica,

There are a lot of ocean-view options you can ask locations about. I can't vouch for this place....has anyone on the boards used Fantasia in St. Thomas for a custom wedding? Perhaps just check out their website for ideas for non-beach options, which you can ask any venue you are considering.

St. Thomas Weddings & Weddings in St. Thomas | Fantasia Weddings in St. Thomas US Virgin Islands

#9 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

In planning a DW, you should come to expect the set-backs. Don't get discouraged. There is a perfect place out there, you just need to find it.

#10 NotYourAverageDW

• 361 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hi Erica,

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I know what's its like to have a difficult time choosing the location, then the resort, then the setting (we ourselves just figured out the country, but the rest is all a game right now). But hang tight, and keep looking through the reviews and photos and hopefully you'll be able to reach a compromise with your FI.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users