Photo

Postcard & Magnet STDs...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Virg

Virg
  • 684 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

I did these with the help of my SIL and a girlfriend while my FI was out watching the new Star Wars Movie.... Yes I know, I am marriyng a geek. He has 6, count them SIX, Master Replica Light Sabers....sigh...
    Our appartment is a mixture of tasteful Ikea decorations and Star Wars collector's ugly memrobillia .... the things we do for love...

P.S I draw the line at walking down the isle , or having anything star wars like at our weding... lol

Click the image to open in full size.

Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#2 Virg

Virg
    • 684 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

And here is what is left of the 1.5Litres of wine we bought for the girlie craft session...

lol..Click the image to open in full size.

#3 ginalynn

ginalynn
      • 219 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

haha! At least you can get him to go with his friends to watch star wars. My FI always wants me to go along. I don't think I have EVER made it through an entire Star Wars movie without falling asleep. Oh well... I love him anyway.

I really like your postcards, they are simple, but elegant. I haven't made my STDs yet, but I am thinking of using free ones from Vistaprint. Did you print your magnets at home on your printer and then attach whatever you printed to a magnet? How did you make them?

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:06 AM

I really like them.

Wine is what will get you through many a DIY project LOL! I think my wedding made me a wino!

My DH is a big nerd too. He was a jock, then he discovered World of Warcarft...I just don't get it!

#5 Virg

Virg
          • 684 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

We got everything, the postcard, and the magnets from Vistprint, with one of their Everything free sales. We even threw in the address stamp.
            The monogram is fro Sprouille Designs (Thanks Sara!)

I did not want to pay the 50$ for the coloured envelopes. So we used Kiwi and Plum colored cardstock paper (from Michael's) for the cutouts, which we glued by hand.

The wine is from the LCBO its an Ontario wine called XOXO, Also had a purple label which is so fitting since it is one of our colors.

As for Starwars, I was sick with an intestinal flu the first time I watched them. I was sick for 3 days, so popped them ALL in the dvd player.. But I refused to go see the movie last night, besides, he knew he would have more fun without. :smile:

#6 twixygrl

twixygrl
            • 293 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

They look great! I really like the pic of the ocean and the palm tree and the palm tree seals. I am glad you guys had the wine! It sounds like it was fun.
              Twixygrl

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

They look awesome! Great job.

#8 d.mohnani

d.mohnani
                • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:47 AM

looks great. Well done