Help me pick a Brooch...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

I love the pop of color on the first one with your shoes! Beautiful.

#12 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Sorry. It's the first thing I thought of (Aunt Flo) and I really think it's a bad idea.
      If you had it on the front of your skirt near your chest or even on the side, it would be fine, but anywhere near your backside and I'm afraid it would be a bad idea. Think of the pics too... best to get the red pop from something else. Like an amazing necklace or something. IMO

#13 tvt

• VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

well... i have 3 thoughts after reading this thread

1. interesting location for a brooch
        2. but i do like the one with the red stone
        3. aunt flow

#14 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

I like the color. Surely with the sparkles around it people won't get the wrong idea...

#15 Dbld78

• Banned
          • 665 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:33 AM

I have to say go with number 2. Coming from a photographers stand point while the red one is a good detail it's too distracting. In images from behind it will only look like you have something on your dress. And plus... it might cause some of your guests to stare at your behind during your ceremony....hahahaha!

#16 -Kate-

• VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

I say #2. The red one will look like a spot. I can just imagine a grandma walking up to you trying to "wipe" it off. Also, I think the red shoes and purse are enough. That could be because I had red shoes and a purse for my wedding... I just think if you have too many "accent" pieces with color on you, it will go from being an accent piece to more of a matchy/matchy theme deal.

#17 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

I voted for #2. I agree that the red stones may be better suited for earrings, necklace or bracelet.
                <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#18 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

thanks for all the feedback!
                  i am still leaning towards #1. the dress doesn't sit quite exactly the same on me and i don't think that anyone will think about aunt flow where the material gathers - that model is like 5'11 and i am 5'4 lol!

danielle - i hear your concern about distracting from pics -hhmmm need to think about that

thanks girls!

#19 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

I voted #1. It gives that lil touch of color

#20 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

I voted for #1 also, even after reading all the comments. I think a little touch of color would just add a bit to it.

Alyssa, are they your shoes? I love them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users