Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

I was wondering what people are doing for music at the reception...I have read through a lot of posts and thought I made up my mind to just bring my own playlist on an Ipod and have a friend DJ. I was just told by a random WC that we can not bring our own music and use the sound equipment, that we must use their DJ. I have been working with Lily and a different lady emailed me back.

Any ideas/ input?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am also getting married at the Del Mar and having the reception at the Italian restaurant. We are renting the DJ and bringing our ipod. I have read that you can just rent the DJ's equipment for $50 or $100, but it is not set up for you. I would rather pay the $300 and have it set up for me. This way I can use the DJ if I like him or play my own music.

Hey Girls,

I am back!

I just wrote a whole quick review, but lost it all.

But Australia and New Zealand were amazing...rather than rewrite a whole review right now I will just post some pics.

After a month of events, we still have one more...our AHR is this Saturday! Can't wait!

Our wedding at the Lindo was amazing and the honey moon was perfect at the Grand. Words can't explain how wonderful!

And then Australia was so fun! Koalas, kangaroos, penguins, great barrier Reef!

New Zealand, I am convinced is the most beautiful place on earth!

Okay, more later, here are some pics!

Misss you girls! Especially Kathy! Hope all is well! Bess

The New Family:

Click the image to open in full size.

Me and the Girls

Jon and I

Blue Mountains near Sydney AU

Syd Opera House

Wallaby-cousin to kangaroo

Milford Sound in NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithers81 View Post
I am also getting married at the Del Mar and having the reception at the Italian restaurant. We are renting the DJ and bringing our ipod. I have read that you can just rent the DJ's equipment for $50 or $100, but it is not set up for you. I would rather pay the $300 and have it set up for me. This way I can use the DJ if I like him or play my own music.
Hi there! For $100 you get the DJ and he has all his equipment, and then you can have him play your iPod, it is also nice because people can make requests and play between your ipod and his database. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks!

I am just concerned about the DJ- I've read that he doesn't speak English so you have to have someone do announcements anyway. Is this true??

I emailed DJ Bob- reviews on here say he's great- and he quoted me $600 for 4 hours. My reception is only 2 hrs so I am waiting for that price quote. I'm not sure that I want to spend that much more when I can make a playlist on my IPod and use it for $100!

Any suggestions?

hi im looking at gettng married at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in nov 2010 its says its an adults only hotel but i viewed a wedding online with children in all of our group are adults except my 16 year old sister have tried to get in touch with the hotel no one is getting back to me can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady2510 View Post
hi im looking at gettng married at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in nov 2010 its says its an adults only hotel but i viewed a wedding online with children in all of our group are adults except my 16 year old sister have tried to get in touch with the hotel no one is getting back to me can anyone help?
I know to stay there your have to 18+ (no exceptions for that), but for the wedding it seems (depending who you talk to) that kids are allowed for the wedding ceremony only, but the receiption will have to be at one of the other hotels. I was told no kids allowed at the wedding, but some have been told otherwise. Make sure you have in writting that under 18 can attend the wedding.

It does take some time for a response from them as well. Sometimes a few days to over a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshalea View Post
Thanks!
I am just concerned about the DJ- I've read that he doesn't speak English so you have to have someone do announcements anyway. Is this true??
I emailed DJ Bob- reviews on here say he's great- and he quoted me $600 for 4 hours. My reception is only 2 hrs so I am waiting for that price quote. I'm not sure that I want to spend that much more when I can make a playlist on my IPod and use it for $100!
Any suggestions?
We used DJ Bob for our reception and he was fantastic! We had the same problem of only needing him for 2 hours. If I remember correctly, he said he'd only do it for the 3 hour rate because it's not worth it for him to travel for only the 2 hour rate (or something like that). I can't remember what we paid but when I get home I'll check and let you know! I definitely felt that it was worth getting him, my guests really enjoyed him.